UN peso

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Oct 6, 2015.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

I'm looking to build a complete set of UN peso coins 1918-1945??? Well who's got a complete set uploadfromtaptalk1444151384225.JPG any One has an idea if capital plastics makes a case for them? Who's got a complete set show me ??

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I am two down from a complete set. I'll show you in just a bit

4. kaosleeroy108

Cool you have them raw or certified or mixed

5. treylxapi47

6. treylxapi47

Well in a Dansco

7. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I have a ton of them, but to be honest not by date. Are there any scarce dates?

8. xlrcable

xlrcable Active Member

I'm three down from a date set. So far I haven't been interested in the overdates, and the Baileys' new book just seems to have changed the game there anyway.

I'm not set up to take a decent photo right now but in the interest of instant gratification...

Attached Files:

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. treylxapi47

Here is my album. I am only missing the 1918 and 1920. Then I need one more BU coin for the last reverse slot on the second page and then two more toned fat man Pesos to finish the book. I may incorporate the overdates at a later time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444163783.190082.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444163796.900150.jpg

10. treylxapi47

I also collect the 50 Centavos with Caps and Rays as well as the pyramid 20 centavos.

11. medoraman

A friend at my old coin club, (must be over a decade ago now), has a Mexican wife. Therefor he started collecting Mexican coins. He claimed to have a complete 20th century collection in BU, and a complete 19th and 20th century collection. He said there was a lot of rarities in there, but at the time I simply was not into Mexican coins so didn't pay a lot of attention.

Is the 1918 and 1920 scarce?

12. medoraman

13. kaosleeroy108

Hey what type dansco album is this ... Cause I'm looking for one asap to build my set in I have a 1918 and 1920

14. treylxapi47

Sorta. The 1919 is a toughie too. Usually the 1918 and 1919 are regarded as the keys with a mid 20s date being a semi-key and I believe the desirable overdate is the 1920/10 or something like that.

15. treylxapi47

It's just a blank book with whatever sized ports that I needed. Only took 2 pages and I believe I put it together for less than $20 at either wizard coin supply or JPs corner.

16. kaosleeroy108

They are but the charities are scarecer

17. kaosleeroy108

What size are the pages?? I'm looking

18. treylxapi47

I don't remember. You're gonna have to google that. Just search for 1945 un peso diameter.

19. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

Love these coins. I've found some with exquisite toning. They seem to run in spurts - none will be available for a month, then all of the sudden a huge pile will show up.

20. kaosleeroy108

They are 34mm I brought 2 pages - 4 for type set..

21. kaosleeroy108

Yea when I got my lot it came in a huge 80-100 coin lot got it for about 95$ now I think about it it was worth it

Draft saved Draft deleted