Umm, ALIEN STRUCK THROUGH 1968-P CENT?!?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Time2Shine5299, Feb 4, 2021.

1. 75F0B1E3-92A8-4816-B941-0AA39E9B37A0.jpeg Good day friends!

Ok, well there isn’t a whole lot for me to say. The photos are where the important stuff is and speak for themselves hopefully?
    I found this insanity last night and I have probably spent over an hour just trying like heck to get the best angle I can get in the scope and trying like heck to get some decent photos, from different Angles with good lighting, etc etc. It’s been a pain. Lol

BUT, I did my best and u can def see what it is that I am referring to on this coin.

there is SOMETHING not so much “struck through”, but more somehow IN the raised part of the coin that is Lincoln’s chin! Now, I am seeing some type of really REALLY weird looking insect, spider, mite, flea, something like that? Obviously it is some kind of very small critter, to be that size and IN Lincoln’s chin on a penny! Lol

PLEASE SOMEONE ANYONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT IN THE WORLD IS IN THERE and tell me I’m not crazy??? Lol because the longer and more I look at it, the more it looks like a freakin ALIEN creature of some kind in there!

You can easily see the legs and some antennae and looks to me like we are looking at the bottom of the abdomen of the critter on that main part, with the legs sticking out all around. What u can’t really see is that at the very front of the chin, at the base where it meets the fields part of coin, that 90° angle crease there where they meet, it’s actually like an opening kind of with more of this creatures parts smashed down, but in there. It’s really hard for me to get pics of that part. But trust me, it’s there.

Anyways, I REALLY wanna know from y’all what u think it is and if u think that makes this coin special/ collectible/ valuable/ rare and then of course, what you think the value is? AND what I should do with it? Should I send it to some one, some where? Sell at auction? Sell on eBay raw? I really don’t even know what to do here. I am a semi-new collector, but I have spent more time per day than most folks, since first entering this hobby and community and all I know is, I have NEVER seen or heard or ANYTHING like this! So crazy!

thanks in advance for any and all information, advice and assistance! Take care and stay safe everyone!

-J.P.-

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hey J P ! That's a strange one for sure . I enlarged on my tablet and pics were too large . I assume it's Pareidolia , nothing more . Good luck.

4. What the heck is Pareidolia? I know, I know... “google it, sucka!” ON IT! Lol

5. Ok, I’m back! Haha. And well, maybeeee but I mean u can see that in the photos too, correct? I mean I’m not hallucinating, right? That most def, absolutely, positively looks like some type of creature of some kind! I mean, what else could it be, that looks like that, brother?

6. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

How about Him ? OIP (3).jpg OIP (3).jpg

DarkRage666 and Dialupsux like this.
  7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Ummm. Your Cent took a hit.. After it left the Mint.

Oldhoopster and LaCointessa like this.
  8. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Nice colonoscopy photos . . . .

Z

VistaCruiser69 and DarkRage666 like this.
  9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'll agree with the coin just took a hit.

10. William F

William F Well-Known Member

Do you have a picture of the back of the coin? probably if you look at it there is some sort of mark (dent/blemish/flat spot, etc.) that corresponds with the "alien" mark on the front where it probably got crushed or stuck in a piece of machinery or between something else that disfigured it.

11. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

Welcome to CT! But please post full pictures of the coin next time

12. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

a Post mint damage coin is most likely what you have nothing special or unusual about it

13. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

Don't know what part I'm looking at,
    but it appears to be damage.

A full shot of the coin would be helpful.

DarkRage666 likes this.
  14. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

That coin is infested with cent borer beetles. The only remedy is a dip in single malt.

15. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT @Time2Shine5299. Looking at the photos you've provided, I can see displaced metal from a hit of some type. Not a mint error, but just PMD IMHO. As already mentioned, the human nature to see something in an abstract form (pareidolia) is normal, but don't strain your eyes too much as it's just a hit.

Santinidollar likes this.
  16. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I'm going to go with nothing like that.

derkerlegand likes this.
  17. It’s not a hit, yall. There is without question a foreign substance of some kind IN the coins metal, on Lincoln’s chin. There is an actual cavity under the top of the chin, so basically on the side of chin, @ the tip, if you will, where the chin meets the field. It’s an open cavity like, with more of this foreign substance in thready much lighter colored pieces. But it’s all good. Photos are the real pain ITA of forums and it is so frustrating to not be able to properly share what a coin looks like in reality. I am no photographer and I do the best I can, which just isn’t good enough because even when I finally just say screw it and post the pics I’ve got, I know full well they don’t truly represent what is being seen in person and that it’s going to make getting relevant advice and info pretty much impossible. Nobody’s fault, just is what it is. Thanks anyways everyone and be safe!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  18. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

It's damage from a hit. You can see the displaced metal. Sorry, but not an error of any kind, just routine damage from circulation

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  19. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

20. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted