UK Definitive Coin Set 2018 - From A Good Friend

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by furryfrog02, Oct 18, 2018.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

My friend went to the UK on vacation for a few weeks. I asked him to pick me up a new 1 pound coin if he happened across one in his change.
    He came back with this set saying he saw it in the Royal Mint and thought I'd like it.
    Of course I do! It comes with a nice little booklet that describes the history of the mint, Britannia, the coin designers, and has a feature about the designed of the new 1 pound coin, a 15 year old school boy. Pretty nice little gift. :)
    UK Set 1.jpg UK Set 2.jpg UK Set 3.JPG

Milesofwho, PaddyB, FitzNigel and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. onecenter

onecenter Member

Mighty nice indeed!

furryfrog02 likes this.
  4. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Clever design with the shield/coat of arms overlay.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  5. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Nice gift indeed

Here's a collage I made some time ago with coins I got from circulation while visiting the UK

collage-s.jpg

Q

furryfrog02 and PaddyB like this.
  6. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

Neat! I got the 2017 set when I was in London last year. I also made two whole collages along with the corresponding pound coin. The two pence coin was the hardest to find. It was interesting being in London during the co-circulation period, because I still got a lot of the old pounds in change. In fact, I managed to get a first year issue of the old pound, a pound made in my birth year, a pound from 2015, which was the last circulating round pound, a first year new pound, and the 2017 pound all from circulation in under two weeks.

furryfrog02 and Cucumbor like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted