UK 2016 Coins Released

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by FitzNigel, Nov 5, 2015.

1. ForestCollector

ForestCollector New Member

Yes, the fact that there are many commemorative 2 pound coins means the individual mintage of each of them will most likely be small so I suspect in time these 2016 commemorative 2 pound coins will be much saught after kinda like the 2002 Commonwealth ones ...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ForestCollector

they should be out by next spring :)

4. mark240590

mark240590 Rule Britannia !

So next December by the time I see them.. It's very rare we get coins issued straight up here and have to wait for them to migrate north in change ha !

5. ForestCollector

Haha , yeah . Remember the 2012 Charles Dickens commemorative 2 pound coins, they only appeared in circulation in August 2013 ! With still no sign of 2015 commemoratives it will be a wee wait for these alas.

6. mark240590

Strange that my dad got the 5th portrait 50p & the Royal shield £1's today. The definitive is still missing, and commemoratives !
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448851181.061210.jpg

FitzNigel likes this.
  7. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

And they just released a £50 for £50... I've been avoiding the £20 and £100, as I just don't want to get sucked into more series, but I missed this gorgeous design on the Proof Britannia last year...
    image.jpeg

green18 likes this.
  8. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

Just arrived today - beautiful coin! Forgive the poor picture - I took it quickly.
    image.jpeg

green18, onecenter and mark240590 like this.
  9. mark240590

As much as I like it I have higher priority colonials to pay £50 for. As you say it's easy to get sucked into this. I have the first 2 £20 for £20 and that's it only designs I really like now.

FitzNigel likes this.
  10. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

Yep, and this will likely be the only £50 I get - I loved the design on the Brittania proof last year and missed it, so I could pay over $200 for that, or the £50 for this one.

11. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Got the 2013 and the 2015 Proofs but fell asleep and missed the 2014. Going to be a hard pill to swallow if I have to pay $300 for it. I did order the 50 Pound and will post it when it arrives.

FitzNigel likes this.
  12. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Can't decide if I want to open the package yet. Can't see the Queen. I do like what I can see.

IMG_0004-crop.JPG

jester3681 and FitzNigel like this.
  13. FitzNigel

FitzNigel Medievalist

I forgot to post mine when it came in the mail... Obverse is the new portrait of the Queen, but I love that reverse!

Draft saved Draft deleted