Uh - Oh ..

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by kolyan760, May 30, 2020.

1. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

In that case I defer to the experts.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Yep.. I will watch but not feed this further..

4. kolyan760

kolyan760 Well-Known Member

sir CLAVDIVS THERE IS NO SUCH OF THING IN ANCIENT ROME
    I
    I AGREE ON POOR PHOTOS ! FROM BOTH PARTIES , I SHOULD MAKE THEM BETTER . and BTW other three people agreed that coin looks suspicious enough

5. octavius

octavius Well-Known Member

If that is a portrait of Antonia, I can't for the life of me see what Drusus ever saw in her!!!

6. kolyan760

hahahaha ... this experts ma me laugh , seriously

7. hotwheelsearl

Right!?!? Haha, I mean I’ve dated some less than attractive ladies, but Drusus must have been a total Shrek and Fiona situation

kolyan760 likes this.
  8. kolyan760

you made my day sir !!:playful:

9. kolyan760

this tread get funnier and funnier .. give-them-bread-and-circus-freethoughtprojekgt-and-they-will-never-12893235.png

10. kolyan760

this tread is not about trolling but about to keep uneducated fox aware !!

11. kolyan760

some more beer for you sir !! enjoy :woot: unnamed.jpg

hotwheelsearl and Clavdivs like this.
  12. Herodotus

Herodotus Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, I just looked at the seller's inventory. I couldn't care less if what they're selling is authentic or not. The listed prices are on the extreme high-end of retail pricing. Some are listed @60-90% above what I would calculate as avg. fair market value.

I understand that dealers need to make a profit and that sellers are free to inflate their prices.. or (as I see it)price-gouge uninformed buyers. I personally view it as insulting, and I wouldn't even entertain the invitation to make an offer.

There are plenty of other coins in the sea.

My personal opinion is that better deals (even when considering BPs, additional fees/shipping) are to be had at public auction -- where true current market value is usually established by relative demand.

If a person is looking for a specific type (and not wanting to spend lots of time constantly browsing auction catalogs), by all means support reputable dealers if one feels that the (likely higher) retail price is fair to one's own wallet.

The cliched advice applies:

Shop around, compare prices. Become an informed/educated buyer, and...

If it's too good to be true...

CAVEAT EMPTOR

13. kolyan760

due to COVID19 its my right to get rid of original package in safety of my family

14. kolyan760

that coin already should be a RED FLAG 200.gif

15. kolyan760

If you noticed .. all of his coins have same appearance aka same style , like it was done by same person ( what do you think ?)

16. kolyan760

sorry , but i think you need to study more .. horrible knowledge

17. kolyan760

Richard you need to open your eyes wear some glasses and read the thread again from the top ..

18. Pavlos

Pavlos You pick out the big men. I'll make them brave!

Feedback on ebay says nothing anymore, 'Ancientground' (https://www.ebay.com/str/coinauction12) is notorious, with almost 18000 feedback and 99.8% positive. He gets those feedback by selling low-grade legit ancient coins and in between sells a lot of fakes everyday, especially silver and rare bronze. His fakes are quite obvious but somehow it keeps fooling many people.

I am just saying it in general to everyone, not anything about that Australian numismatic company.

19. kolyan760

case update - i was able to get my refund back through PayPal , since it was dilevered back (w/ tracking info) to the seller , now the case is closed in my favorite

and the actual process took me about 40 min to get my $$$ back , thanks to everyone & stay safe .. Happy Collecting !!

20. hotwheelsearl

Glad things worked out for you.

21. kolyan760

thanks for your support !!

BTW do you collect HW Redlines ?

Draft saved Draft deleted