Uh - Oh ..

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by kolyan760, May 30, 2020.

1. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Confused .....is this the 8 year old kid who works all day or the adult that doesn't?

TIF, Ryro, DonnaML and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kolyan760

kolyan760 Well-Known Member

the kid is already 10 , and he is smart enough to help me with my coins

4. kolyan760

ohh BTW tell me what kind of beer u like .. & i will tell u who u are ! :playful::playful::D

5. kolyan760

i had feelings about this guy from the start .. after i checked his ancient inventory
    i had no doubt he is scammer

6. kolyan760

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rome-Nerva...575793?hash=item56d8eca8b1:g:J2cAAOSwMuhegq5I

here is the link for his inventory , so far no one from the forum said anything about his ancient inventory

7. Clavdivs

Oh I like Guinness ... ask your Dad if he can trade the Nerva for a few cans...
    What a crazy thread!:woot:

kolyan760 likes this.
  8. fomovore

fomovore Active Member

I don't know anything about that specific seller, but I'm afraid the days when the positive feedback meant a lot are long gone: firstly, there are ways to fake that; secondly, a lot of beginners are easy to fool (I was one of those on a couple of occasions); and thirdly, eBay started removing the negative feedback about six-seven (I think) years ago, so as long as the seller resolves disputes per the eBay rules, their feedback will look stellar (as long as the seller refunds the money, eBay won't let the buyer leave a negative feedback).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    kolyan760 likes this.
  9. kolyan760

i could not agree more ! im a ebay seller myself , too many tricks to play with

10. kolyan760

here we go sir , have a nice day :woot: C0035.00_13_24_24.Still021-600x338.jpg

Clavdivs likes this.
  11. Clavdivs

Oh thank you.. but are you of age to serve?
    And now you say you are an eBay seller? As I said previously - it gets better and better! Trolls come in many forms.

Ryro and kolyan760 like this.
  12. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

These two look suspect.

Potential tooling:
    AC11DB33-75EC-440C-B2C3-52FDAD9B6E66.png

“Just doesn’t look right”:
    545E3D22-1090-4AC6-9165-C70F37CD48DB.png

13. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member

If you really did send the coin back (although without the original packaging) then it's unreasonable for the seller to claim you sent him the wrong coin. However there's no way for anyone here to verify that.

Having said that.

As many people here have pointed out, the coin which was originally brought up doesn't seem to be a fake. You appear to be deliberately ignoring that.

You asked about the other ancient coins for sale. To me, the seller's other ancient coins appear to be genuine too, at least the denarii.

I really think it's too much to say the seller is a scammer. I think you are deliberately trying to tar the seller for some reason.

Threads like this remind me to be nice to service staff. They have to deal with so much.

TIF and Ryro like this.
  14. hotwheelsearl

Utmost respect to you Clavdivs, but it seems like OP may be dealing with a serious issue.

I looked through the sellers inventory and picked out two that look weird enough to suspect, at least a little.

The lack of negative feedback should mean the seller is stellar, but that’s not always the case.

At the end of the day, it’s hearsay on if OP sent the wrong coin, or if seller is fraudulent.

If fraudulent, he deserves some measure of justice, if only from forum veterans condemning him. If not, he should also get some veterans in support.

Either way, I feel like in the ancient hobby fakes are a big deal and should be regarded more seriously *just in case*

kolyan760 and fomovore like this.
  15. kolyan760

they both doesnt look right cause they are not ..i posted this pictures previously

there is so many others looks wrong

16. fomovore

fomovore Active Member

My 2c: I don't "like" that Nerva or the rest of the coins (except the tet - no experience with these at all).

BUT: We need much better photos (as well as weight and size).

hotwheelsearl and kolyan760 like this.
  17. Clavdivs

Respect to all.. but don't feed the trolls.

Broucheion and Ryro like this.
  18. kolyan760

thats exactly what my point is ..... bravo , fireworks

as a seller myself if anyone point at my items saying something that there is something wrong or doesnt look right , i would emideitly remove it just to investigate or not to get mylself in trouble .. ( but this guy sure knows what he selling or pretending like he doesnt know )

19. hotwheelsearl

I admit I too often get ensnared by the trolls...

But In this case I’m curious to see how things play out. Fraud accusations are pretty serious, especially forna seller with 10k feedbacks.

20. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member

Curtis Clay and Lolli have both posted in this thread with regard to coins that were posted here. As I understand it, both do not believe the coins are fakes.

But.. yes. Don't feed the trolls.

Broucheion, TIF, Ryro and 1 other person like this.
  21. hotwheelsearl

Maybe seller purposely uses poor quality scans to mask issues??

I have the opposite problem: my pictures are often too good and show more problems than they have in hand. Haha

kolyan760 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted