Ugh, PayPal question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by PittsburghMom, Nov 8, 2015.

1. PittsburghMom

PittsburghMom Active Member

I want to return a dozen rolls of so called "original" mint rolls which were actually just common cents with a counterfeit coin showing. It wasn't a very expensively valued counterfeit and wasn't purchased from eBay or CL, so I thought there was a chance. Anyway, they're all junk, but I opened two rolls before confirming this. He's refusing to reimburse me unless I provide them all back unwrapped which I can't do.

Do I have a Paypal case at all with this requirement? He claims that he's going to videotape the opening of the package and I admitted through the Paypal resolution center that I opened two of them.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

well either way he is sell counterfeit coins , technically if you brought it to the attention of the feds hed be brought in..

Endeavor likes this.
  4. kaosleeroy108

ehhh yes you do have a case against him it is illegal in any u.s. state to sell counterfeits or ebay or any u.s. forum..

Endeavor likes this.
  5. kaosleeroy108

becareful where you buy from even ebay is horrid nowadays

6. kaosleeroy108

thats why i buy certified graded coins!!!

7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Call the feds and make his day!

Endeavor likes this.
  8. PittsburghMom

Thank you guys. I'll post the outcome when this is resolved. I have his contact info (address), so I could file a claim. Not only that, but he's still selling to others.

9. kaosleeroy108

What venue is he using ? Craigslist, eBay, Amazon

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Good luck with that.

You make it sound as if the secret service is itching to call out the calvary at a moment's notice based solely upon one person's claim. If she wants to report it, so be it, but expecting any real actions or results is a pipe dream.

NOS, Kentucky and rzage like this.
  11. kaosleeroy108

Well true its has to be brought to the Numismatic crime department

12. PittsburghMom

13. kaosleeroy108

That's a new fad site clickngo b.s.

14. PittsburghMom

I would be satisfied with even a partial refund. I guess I might have to eat the cost of the two rolls I opened, but surely not the others?

15. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

How exactly were they offered to you, and what exactly did you discover in the two opened rolls? The supposed counterfeit aside, "common cents" are common for good reason, and this is exactly what one purchasing even genuine original bank rolls should expect to find; they are simply not overflowing with rarities.

Also, eBay and Craigslist are not the sole domains of scams, so why you assumed there was a chance, based simply upon that, I cannot understand.

micbraun likes this.
  16. PittsburghMom

A stupid mistake in believing he was legit based on other non coin crap that he was selling. The weight of both showing coins were way off and at close glance are obvious forgeries.

17. PittsburghMom

I stopped after two mistakes. I felt it would be foolish to open anymore at that point. The common coins consisted of approx. 3 years only. Every other coin in the roll was in horrible condition and barely recognizable whereas the showing coin looked uncirculated and was advertised as uncirculated original coins.

I know that the mints did not roll the coins back then, but I thought that they would be legit coins at that time period. (Showing coin was an Indian, inside coins were from the 1950's). It was obvious.

18. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Go to a bank and purchase some rolls = have some fun without putting up with rip-off artists

Endeavor likes this.
  19. kaosleeroy108

How much you spend??.

20. PittsburghMom

Unfortunately, I'm stupid and too honest. I already mentioned in the Paypal resolution center that I opened two. He's now refusing to accept any since they are not all in original condition.

21. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Did you buy one lot consisting of 12 rolls, or did you buy 12 one roll lots? If you bought a lot of 12 rolls you opened 2 so you will have a tough time doing a return unless you go the counterfeit angle. If you bought 12 lots of 1 roll then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to return 10 of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted