ugh...eBay problem...need opinions

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by phankins11, Feb 27, 2015.

1. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

Yep, you’ve had dealings whith him as well then?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Yeah, I was the one that bought it for $14 :D

Just kidding

Kasia and phankins11 like this.
  4. phankins11

Nice. If that's the case I have a bunch more just like it, I'll let you have'em for half that :cool:

wcoins likes this.
  5. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

4.99 is still not worth the negative if you do any amount of selling on ebay, and phankins did make an error in the listing. I'd just give him the money back and not worry about it. (I'd block him as jeffB mentioned)

6. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Bad advice. A Negative feedback is worth nothing. I'll sell you negative feedbacks for $5.00 each. How may you want to leave me?

phankins11 likes this.
  7. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Agreed, negative feedback only hurts you if you are a power seller getting the 20% discount on FVF. If you are a casual seller, nobody will care that you got one negative.

bkozak33 likes this.
  8. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

9. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

What if you only have 20 sales and now your rating is down to 95%, I'll guarantee that there will be at least a few buyers who will shy away.

There's no way on earth I'd take a negative over $5 even with hundreds of sales. You can get another undeserved feedback and now you are at 2, ect. Just isn't worth it for a serious seller.

10. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

If you can remove negative feedbacks for $5 I'm sure you'd get a lot of business.

11. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

He already sold a coin with a date that doesn't exist for $14? This makes NO sense. How did he sell it? eBay? That would be a terms violation for selling an item he did not have in his possession.

Anyway, this is an obvious scam. He saw you had a typo in your listing and thought he could get it for free. This is why I message sellers when I see obvious typos. The problem is once you have a bid on there, there are some typos you can't fix, so eBay puts you in a position where you can get scammed like this if you don't catch it early.

phankins11 likes this.
  12. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

A serious seller doesn't have only 20 sales. Furthermore, if I saw someone negged a seller on a $5 item, I might just buy something just to spite the negger. Am I allowed to say that word?

green18, mill rat41, JPeace$ and 3 others like this.
  13. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

and out him so we can block him too. If you have a problem with that just PM me so I can block him

14. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

That was funny!

15. phankins11

all serious sellers have only 20 sales at some ponit. Negative feedback definitly hurts you even if you're not a power seller. It drops your item in the results of a search to below the people with 100% feedback score. You have less of a chance of getting seen. I know this from experience. Had to have 1 neg removed. Dude negged me, without trying to contact me first. That week, absolutely no sales. Finally called eBay, they sided with me, removed it, and made a sale that very day.

I'm selling what I sell right now to learn the system, to make mistakes with little stuff in order to minimize losses. I have processed a couple of returns, even let 1 person keep the mistake. In this case, the person was was being malicious and cooled their jets as soon as I stuck to my return policy. I've had subsequent conversations today with this person over the 5 new items they've purchased. The person is a scammer And every time I point out their breaking the rules they give in. The negative would have been\will get removed because this person is blatant in their activities.

@dwhiz the buyers ID is heretizz

16. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

People need to stop worrying about Ebay feedback. It gives you very little insight into the seller your dealing with. Feedback, yelp reviews are all worthless. Think about your favorite restaurant, and how much you enjoy it. Now go look at yelp, or trip adviser and look at the negative reviews they have received. My point is, that there are all types of knucklehead consumers out there and everyone is a critic, and you cant please them all.

17. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

I never said they did.

18. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

You will continue to make mistake in listings, and the more listing you create, the more mistakes you make. Nobodys perfect, and Ebay listing software is horrible to work with. Don't worry about where your listings appear, sell a good product, deliver good service, and you will get repeat buyers month over month. I have 3 negatives at the moment, all for trivial stuff, and my sales have grown every month, to the point where I'm a little burnt out now. Ebay tracks my sales, and I average about 18-25% repeat buyers every month. I try my best to please everybody, but there always that 1% you cant please, so you focus on what you can control and over time your business will grow.

phankins11 likes this.
  19. coins776

coins776 no title

i returned a coin to an ebay seller for a refund, i spent $5.25 to ship the coin back to him after the SOB cheated me. and I received negative feedback from the seller. what nerve.

20. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Not like a negative means anything. I recently left only my second negative given on Ebay ever in almost 12 years time. I don't give negatives lightly and this one was completely deserved literal worst experience I've ever had via Ebay. I also followed the feedback guidelines exactly to ensure it didn't violate what is allowed per the guidelines. Low and behold not even 24 hours later and Ebay removed the feedback completely for no valid reason. After this next Ebay bucks payout I'm considering being done with Ebay and closing my account.

21. coins776

coins776 no title

ebay allows sellers to make as many negative comments about buyers as they want, i.e. (follow up comments) but they don't accept much negative feedback left for sellers. they might even ban buyers for posting negative feedback.

Blissskr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted