Ugh all the Penny Arcades are broken again!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by AUtiger, Mar 3, 2012.

1. AUtiger

AUtiger New Member

It seems like the Penny Arcades at the TD Banks around here are broken down almost every weekend when I go in to dump. Now I'm stuck with halves that I need to turn into cash in order to pick up new boxes this week. Anybody else running into this all the time? How do you guys keep your cash flowing smoothly between pickups and dumps?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

HAHA, so are they unplugging it or running up to the machine with a sign when they see you chugging up the walkway with those hundred pound bags??

4. AUtiger

AUtiger New Member

Haha you know that has crossed my mind! It's always the same lady working when it's broken, so maybe you're on to something.

Actually, I dumped $700 yesterday with no major malfunctions, but the machine was very dirty inside and was starting to spit coins out. They tried to blame me for breaking it when I came in today, but I let them know that it's the people dumping dirt, dust, and foreign objects into it that causes these problems. I actually pull out any coins that are bent or damaged just to avoid jamming the machine up.

5. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

Time to dig those empty wrappers out of the trash and start rolling. :thumb: I'm taking a break from roll-searching right now but what I've taken a liking to is I'll roll up a box, exchange it for paper currency at a bank that charges to buy boxes and then use that cash to buy coins at more friendly locations. It's a smooth cycle that I do in moderation as coin roll hunting takes alot more effort than searching through straps of currency does.

6. clorox

clorox Member

Yeah, I just re-roll in a fresh wrapper (if it's a CWR I might re-use the wrapper if it's in good condition), then turn them in for bills or deposit into my account. As long as I keep it under 60 rolls or so and don't bring them in a box they won't put up a fuss.

If you can, try to dump at branches in richer suburban areas. They're less likely to be busy, less likely to require you have an account, and more willing to go into the vault to bring you rolls. Though they will try harder to get you to open an account if they find out you don't have one.

Draft saved Draft deleted