U.S. Post Office issues once again...ugh..

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Paddy54, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I know what @Paddy54 id saying. As a retired postal employee who ran his own office for over 5 years I can state that Congressman and women do not actually investigate. They do however call the delivery post office. There are not exactly friendly and the conversation is in their favor. They refuse to take no as in answer. They will nest the dead horse to get him on all 4 legs again, which doesn’t work but they do it. I had the law on my side do I won the argument but it wasn’t pretty. Never got a complaint from them about missing parcels but I did get a lot from customers so I know exactly what Paddy is saying.

Congrats on finally receiving your coins Paddy. It pays to be persistent.

Paddy54 and MIGuy like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Their staffs call or on the off chance a smaller district has them actually call they’re just saying what their staff told them to do so. They did zero work on it and have basically no idea what’s going on and won’t spend another second thinking about it when the phones hung up

4. Collecting Nut

I didn’t say they did. As and a Congress member will call a post office. Yes their staff does call but so does the elected official. It’s happened to me.

Paddy54 likes this.
  5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

That is correct their staff handled it ,as it is an election year. Most are campaigning for the office they are running.
    What was the straw that so called broke the camels back...was the out right lie...that tracking isn't correct and sometimes it fake! Well just know it isn't each piece of mail from A to Z is scanned in and out of all postal system offices.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  6. Collecting Nut

I was never like that as a manager. I treated people they way I wanted to be treated. Most of the time when I package went missing or looped as we called it, it was something wrong with the delivery address. Not always but most of the time. You just had to wait for it to be scanned somewhere by someone intelligent enough to spot the problem and take the time to correct it. Once that occurred it made its way to the correct office and was delivered.

I notified my carrier of the problem and when it arrived they know. They’d tell me and I’d call the customer. The customer usually came in and picked it up but a few of them said deliver it. My office received more baked goods than you can imagine from the grateful customers. Not that we wanted them to do anything but it was a great relationship for us and them. This is my fifth year of retirement and I still get asked to come back when I run into a customer.

Paddy54 and -jeffB like this.
  7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

You know working in retail food ,having a staff of 100 to 120 staff members I totally understand what you as a postal worker. I always told each staffer in person as well in groups at a meeting.
    Customers service is job #1 Don't ever lie to me as that will get you fired, lastly don't steal. If you have a problem come to me be honest and I will do everything in my power to help you.
    For the most part my job was good and yeah a hundred and some people never learn...
    But when the postal worker who was handing the case tried to tell me that tracking wasn't correct or fake etc.. I was ok gloves are off and you now can tell a member of congress this ... BULL.

It was also our company policy if anyone came to any of our management team....and told us that they were hungry or family didnt have food it was my or our job to make sure that person was given enough food to support them or their family.
    Which did happen several times while I ran the stores. And it was always given as a hand up not out.
    As we weren't to make the person feel bad about being less fortunate. As if you didn't followvthis protocol you were fired on the spot.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  8. cwtokenman

cwtokenman Coin Hoarder

The USPS is extremely incompetent in my area. I can't relate all of the issues, but here are a few of the bigger problems I've encountered.

I have received other people's passports on multiple occasions, they have lost passports for my family members. The last time, they must have had a special person just delivering passports (maybe other important items also?) as they were in an unmarked vehicle and not delivering regular mail. Caught me in my driveway as I was heading to a meeting. Put the passport in my pocket and headed down the road. After a few miles, that guy pulls up alongside me and waves me over. Yep, gave me the wrong passport, and his "next" stop was to deliver mine.

I do all of my banking on line now, which I don't like to do. Creditors only believe you and waive fees so many times because you received your statement after the due date, not to mention more problems with my payments getting lost. I had filled out complaint forms on 3 occasions. The form indicated I would be contacted (by the local postmaster if I recall correctly). Nothing changed, no one ever contacted me, so figured it wasn't worth the effort to fill out any more.

I've gotten the same piece of wrong mail 3 times. Marked it as delivered to wrong address (first two times). Third time I just delivered it myself. I can't tell you how many days I received more of other people's mail than my own mail. Its somewhat better now, but I used to get 15-20 pieces of other people's mail during an average week. Considering I bought my home new over 40 years ago, and only my family has ever lived here, that seems rather excessive.

I am president of a wooden nickel club. Again, I can't tell you how many times USPS has broken the woods by running them thru the machine, ignoring the "Hand Cancel Only" stamped messages that filled every available space.

One of their last major screw ups was last year in July when I had to mail some important legal papers to my sister, going from Ohio to NC. She wanted them overnighted, which cost $26.50. Tracking indicated it went from my local PO to a nearby hub early the next morning, but nothing after that. Envelope never arrived. She had to make an additional trip from NC to Ohio to sign papers again, then made yet another trip to pick them up in person once they were processed. First PO employee told me I had to wait 2 weeks to submit claim for a refund. Later I was told a refund would be available as soon as it was late.

Draft saved Draft deleted