U.S. Mint, This is how you should handle the other President C&C Sets.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by statequarterguy, Jul 1, 2015.

?

U.S. Mint, This is how you should handle the other President C&C Sets.

1. 1. Increase mintage.

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. 2. Decrease household limit.

21 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. 3. Increase mintage & decrease household limit.

14 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. 4. Leave it as is.

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  1. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

It was 17,000 not 15,000.

I ordered 5 and sold 4 but I don't consider myself shady nor do I consider myself a Coin Dealer. If I'd given it some thought, I'd have fired up my other US Mint account and gotten 5 more to resell, but I didn't. I really had no clue on what the after market would do with these coins friend. It was a gamble which paid off but could just as easily gone in the other direction.

Kinda like the Gold Kennedy. You want mine? I paid $1244 for it on opening day plus $20 shipping. I couldn't get a grand for it today.

The Modern Coin Market works like this: If you want to get it as quickly as possible, you either make arrangements to order it

OR

You pay the high price of the After Market.

The After Market, on the other hand, works on a sliding scale and the slide is usually in one direction which is DOWN.

If a collector missed out on one of these and can manage to wait about 12 months, the prices will be much, much lower than what they are today because that is exactly how the Modern Coin Market works.

green18 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 19Lyds

No doubt the Truman offering was bungled in the Household limit arena in not the mintage arena. But that's only for folks that have to have it right now! If folks wait, the prices on these should come down.

LJRambo111 likes this.
  4. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

Nah, this Truman rp will be $200 to $300 in ogp in a year or two.

LJRambo111 likes this.
  5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Oh please..........

Coin of the century. devil.gif

6. green18

7. statequarterguy

Maybe, but definitely the president dollar of the century. The nice thing about many of these sets, they're not undermining previous sets, they have the key dates for different series - all we need now is a super low mintage set for the AtB quarters.

8. All the Mint has to do is increase the mintage of all the remaining C&C sets (and not just the Kennedy) to 25K, and the Truman sets will skyrocket in value. Now, if the Mint just decreases ordering limits from 5 to 1 with no change in total mintage for the remaining sets, the Truman set will still increase in value because demand will increase as more people get in on the remaining sets and want the Truman set. JMO though. TC

medjoy likes this.
  9. LJRambo111

LJRambo111 ASE Proofs / 24K Buffalos

No I don't want your Kennedy, I went to the Chicago show because the coins graded at the show would have NOT lost a lot of value like the regular Kennedy's. The dealers filled the line up with homeless and pushed out the collectors. I would have bought and graded them at the show. Yes the limit was 17000 BFD. BTW I got 5 sets.

10. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

Yup, stop cranking out all these modern garbages...:yuck:

11. statequarterguy

This is what I like about the U.S. Mint, they're right there, informing their customers - NOT. I guess we'll find out on the next order day if any changes were made.

12. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

They have a month to let you know.

13. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

Decrease the mintage on everything for a year

14. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

I wanted a Truman because he was the only President that visited my home town, but now I can't get the special one.

15. statequarterguy

So, I'm betting the mint chooses the least popular option above, increase mintage and leave 5 per household limit, as that will maximize their profit.

16. statequarterguy

The page for the Eisenhower set is on the product schedule now, but with no mintage/limit details. The strange thing is it shows the set as from the P & S Mints, the Truman was just P-Mint. I don't know if that will be changed or what's up.

17. 19Lyds

Give it a year or so, you'll be able to pick one up for a very reasonable price.
    Once the Presidential Dollar Series ends, you might even be able to get one at less than issue price.

Provided you still want something that nobody else wants.

18. statequarterguy

That's right, when this happens
    asteroid1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  19. green18

When that happens these things ain't gonna be worth nuthin'........

20. statequarterguy

That was a messy reply to Lyds, that's happened several times, I'll have to just post, with him. Pic has been posted.

I believe the proper vernacular would warrant, "nutin".

21. green18

Wernt nuttin......

Draft saved Draft deleted