U.S. Mint, This is how you should handle the other President C&C Sets.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by statequarterguy, Jul 1, 2015.

?

U.S. Mint, This is how you should handle the other President C&C Sets.

1. 1. Increase mintage.

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. 2. Decrease household limit.

21 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. 3. Increase mintage & decrease household limit.

14 vote(s)
    25.5%
  4. 4. Leave it as is.

16 vote(s)
    29.1%
  1. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

The electronic Coin World I received today has a couple write-ups about the Truman set. Not surprising, the mint acts as if they had no idea of the demand for it, still relying on previous sales of sets without an RP, and CW doesn't question the mint's analysis. REALLY? How can any impartial reporter not question the competency of the mint's decision? Oh, that's right, CW has to be the mint's "tool" or the mint won't talk to CW.

What is telling from one article is the conclusion that all the mint can do is use the experiences from the Truman set for future product planning. So, looks like changes are coming for the next issues.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Yes, I agree changes are coming. I read that same article and would be shocked if they did not change the mintage or limits or both. Truman sets will increase in value for sure now! TC

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  4. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Even in that scenario, they wouldn't have a voice except as individual 5 set ordering customers.

5. statequarterguy

Happy 4th all, enjoy the day and don't blowup yourself or the house, that would decrease the number of Truman Sets available. :arghh:

mikenoodle, tommyc03 and green18 like this.
  6. statequarterguy

Hmm, the loudest voices would come from the big dealers that benefit from all their cronies buying for them - the dealers that are bulk buyers for products that are not limited.

7. augie b

augie b Member

My opinion leave it alone..

8. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

actually, I did blow something up but it was intentional since it was needed for the pool.

9. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

My next door neighbor blows something up every day. He has a real cannon and it scares the poop out of my dog. A waste of good gun powder. Course I wouldn't mind if he sent a bag of dog poop in a projectile to my other neighbors house.:vamp::vamp::vamp:

silentnviolent and green18 like this.
  10. onecenter

onecenter Member

Fireworks became legal in Georgia on July 1. Just after 9 pm ET, the bombings, small arms fire, low level explosions and shotgun blasts will begin. The home I lease borders on nearly 50 acres of dense forest full of wildlife. I am sure the animals are afraid, too.

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You too Tommy? :)

tommyc03 likes this.
  12. statequarterguy

Guess we all have "neighbors" like that. I live in the best area in a small town, all 1-2 acre lots, high end houses, country setting, up against thousands of acres of BLM land, CC&R's in place, but no homeowners' association. So, this bipolar guy moves in, I guess with inherited money, because it doesn't look like he's capable of earning more than minimum wage, and decided to start an auto dismantling business in his driveway and adjacent lot - about 20 junk cars, in pieces, leaking gas and oil - needless to say a major eyesore and hazard, driving down property values. This goes on for about four years with numerous complaints by numerous residents to the county. Finally results, came home the other day and everything had been cleaned up. Now if only he'll move, his wife told another neighbor she's afraid of him because he's threatened to shoot her and others.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I think that if any one of you met me you would see I'm one of the easiest going people around. I don't mind the cannon or his hit & miss antique engine. This guy is really nice. It's the one right next tome. A transplant who does not work and way too much time on his hands. No one in the neighborhood even knows his name. I have burned brush here for 30 years with no problem but one day the fire chief and police arrive to tell me no more burning. (I had a permit) Apparently he has allergies. He could have asked me to burn on a day he was not home. So now I'm building a huge brush pile on my border with him and dumping all my meat scraps and grease in it. Guess what.... a bear visited them a few weeks ago and tore down all their bird feeders. You know what they say about having the last laugh!

silentnviolent likes this.
  14. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

Who derailed this thread?

Coin News reporting 75,000 for the next releases.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  15. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Just like LP1 of the 2009 P/D Lincoln cent roll sets.

16. Do you have a link to that?

17. stewart dandis

stewart dandis Well-Known Member

Can't find it now, sorry about that.

18. LJRambo111

LJRambo111 ASE Proofs / 24K Buffalos

Dont reduce the houshold limt. Are you kidding? The shady coin dealers have millions of people with accounts buying these items in high demand. I saw them when I went to the Chicago show. Silver Towne had hired people to stand in line. Then they raised the price for show coins. These dealers rip off their very own customers. I wasted a cross country trip hotel lodging and didn't add one gold coin to my complete Kennedy collection.

You have to increase the mintage. You can't stop the coin dealers from adding sets to their inventory. check out Ebay and see people selling multiples. Come on do the math 15000 / 5 equals 3000 customers.

The worst of it is the mint produces the presidential coins since 2007. A very nice set that the everyday collector can purchase. i have a couple of 70 sets. But then they throw a curve ball and make a presidential coin into a reverse proof, and limit it to 15,000. So now all the collectors who were purchasing an affordable set won't have a complete set. It's a basic collecting rule get the lowest mintage of a set! Incompetdence as always from the US Mint. Who is in these meetings? Really they blew it twice in 1 week. JK first spouse? Really you didn't think JFK's first spouse would be highly sought after? You didn't think was the only part that is correct!

I knew the RP would be hot. I also knew JFK first spouse would be too. I have mine thanks to my sister logging on to get mine while I was on vacation. Let me guess do you think the JFK Reverse Proof will be hot. (sarcasam) Hire a few collectors to discuss topics at your meetings. Once bitten twice shy.

19. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Reducing the household limit won't do any good. Those who want to cheat the system will just get friends and relatives to buy for them. That is why a want to see a (ridiculously) high surtax on the sale of any in excess of a "5-pack".

Chris

20. statequarterguy

No troll unsubstantiated rumors allowed.

Of course that's probably where the mintages should be set, which would allow all to get at least one and the maximum profit to the mint.

21. statequarterguy

The mint could care less about the collector, they did a similar thing with the 1995-w proof ASE by including it in an expensive gold set - most that collected ASE's could not afford the set. I think the Truman set had less to do with disregard for collectors, than it did with just pure incompetence, as the mint shot itself in the foot by passing up profits.

LJRambo111 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted