U.S Mint Product Schedule For 2018 Released

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BlackBeard_Thatch, Oct 23, 2017.

1. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

Lemme Caution, Mad Stax and jwitten like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Some decent things coming up..

4. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to what the WWI silver coin's design will look like.

Too bad there's no 200th anniversary of Illinois' statehood commemorative coin.

5. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

58 separate offerings. I kinda miss the time when there were just two: the yearly mint sets and proof sets. :)

onecenter and dwhiz like this.
  6. BlackBeard_Thatch

BlackBeard_Thatch Captain of the Queen Anne's Revenge

iPen likes this.
  7. SilverMike

SilverMike Well-Known Member

I agree. Too hard to keep up with that many issues.

8. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to what they do with the 2018-S ASE and the 2018-S silver reverse proof set.

9. Sundance79

Sundance79 Active Member

On the one hand I can appricate the richness of having a lot of offerings, on the other hand, there is a point of over saturation. If you average it out, it is more than 1 a week. That's just a little too many for me.

10. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

I guess I was reading it wrong the whole time. I thought it was an ASE reverse proof set. :oops:

2018-S silver reverse proof set.

So that should be like the regular annual Silver Proof set (which I always buy every year) except reverse proof, right?

Guess I will have to buy one.

11. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I fall on the other-side. I actually think their amount of offerings is minimal and really quite sad. So many of them are just the same things repackaged.

We think so and most of us probably hope so. I am cautiously optimistic about it. Only time will tell when they put it out.

12. Sundance79

Sundance79 Active Member

BaseBall21 - You are right. Just how many different ways CAN you package a proof coin. There are also the silver eagles with bullion, proof, reverse proof, blasted proof, etc. Can a chocolate proof be far behind. How about mint applied rainbow toned proof?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Oldrdawg likes this.
  13. Oldrdawg

Oldrdawg Active Member

It seems the mint is going the way of the post office. If they offer even more "collectibles," folks will collect (i.e., buy) even more.

14. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

I'm usually unenthused by the mints offerings, but I'm intrigued by the WW1 coins, thanks for the heads up Blackbeard.

BlackBeard_Thatch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted