U.S. Mint News Release

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dwhiz, Dec 23, 2020.

?

YES I'll buy as many as I can

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No thanks

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I'm done with the US Mint

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Merry Christmas

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

coinup likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I like the half dollar obverse and the half dollar over all isn't bad, but overall those are very meh and disappointing selections

dwhiz likes this.
  4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I thought this one was already done.....

Forever lacking an original thought.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

They put out Law Enforcement stuff a long while back. I don't think it is worth now what we paid for it then.

6. baseball21

Not sure what the issue price was but it has held up pretty well especially the graded ones. The 69s are usally 70-80 and the 70s are one of the more expensive 70s in the series for both the uncirculated and proof version. Even the raw ones are generally 50-60 which is a lot more than can be said for many of the other issue

7. Inspector43

I think the law Enforcement and the Botanic Gardens held up better than most. But, in general, I don't see any of them as a good investment.

8. baseball21

Civil war and the buffalo come to mind as well. Really coins should never be looked at an investment, the ones that could be are really minimum 5 figures and realistically more like mid five figures or more and even with those youd do better with stocks over the couple decades of appreciation

9. Inspector43

Exactly. And, I like the Buffalo also.

10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

They won't get a cent from me.

dwhiz and Inspector43 like this.
  11. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

"Yes, I'll buy as many as I can" ROFL Now that was funny. This one will appeal to a very small market I would imagine. Bottom line is you can't possibly be invested in every subject matter they dream up.

dwhiz likes this.
  12. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

The 1997 Law Enforcement Memorial Dollar issue price was $32 for the Unc and $37 for the proof.

Inspector43 likes this.
  13. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

The only US Mint products I plan on buying in the next year are the Morgan and Peace dollars. I generally don't buy from the Mint, but I have a specific reason for not buying the law enforcement coins, which would probably earn me a short vacation if I expanded on it too much.

dwhiz likes this.
  14. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

Well, I just voted. It looks like this one's going to age as well as a 90s Olympics commemorative set.

dwhiz and Inspector43 like this.
  15. baseball21

So that one actually has gone up some. By no means would it be a good return, but it's better than some of the more recent ones that have gone down

dwhiz likes this.
  16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Well it did only have a total mintage, Unc and Proof, of about 139,000 coins. 110,428 proofs and 28,575 Uncs.

Draft saved Draft deleted