U.S. Mint continues to churn out stupid ideas

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Dougmeister, May 10, 2021.

1. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Maybe the Eagle on one side and "The Bird" on the other.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

the Maya Angelou quarter will be lovely

zzzzzzIMG_5321.JPG

Copper lover likes this.
  4. Nyatii

YIKES!

onecenter, longarm and midas1 like this.
  5. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

:nailbiting::nailbiting:now im stuck with that for a while.

6. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Same thing applies to stopping the fighting and killing in Third World countries.

7. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

As much as I admire the Teacher that died on the shuttle, I have better plans for my money and collection. The same goes for the law enforcement silver dollar. I think I will throw away my money on something else. The same goes for next years subject about women.

8. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Nothing wrong with such a series, at least in my book. Just another circulating quarter.

wxcoin likes this.
  9. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I see an elderly lady who’s smiling. What’s wrong with that?

Dynoking, Cheech9712, Bayern and 2 others like this.
  10. Nyatii

Do you really think that is the best photo to put on anything, let alone money?
    Looks like she just came running out of the wilds saying "A DINGO ATE MY BABY!"

11. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

No. I think posting that picture and commenting in such a way was disrespectful.

Dynoking, UncleScroge, Bayern and 3 others like this.
  12. ernie11

ernie11 Member

I've read Maya Angelou's "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings", which was a terrific autobiographical novel, but I confess I haven't read any of her other works.

Copper lover likes this.
  13. Nyatii

Well, if it was my pic they were going to put on anything, I sure wouldn't want to have one of me grimacing like that. I would have said the same thing no matter who it was if they had the same pained look.

14. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Kinda bummed the new Washington crossing the delaware reverse don’t stay. Was looking forward to a stable quarter design for once

UncleScroge likes this.
  15. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Melanie, maybe.

16. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Our congress sucks, especially now!

William F likes this.
  17. DBDc80

DBDc80 Numismatist

18. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Indeed...AKA, the poster coin.

19. Mac McDonald

Serious or not, it was, I believe, Hattie McDaniel(s), for her role in Gone With the Wind. Edited later: Ooops...someone beat me to it...I should read them before jumping in...sorry.

Hookman likes this.
  20. Mac McDonald

If it's gonna go this way on these quarters, I'd like to see depictions of regular women...MOTHERS...not of "name fame" or of renowned accomplishment according to the world...but renderings of ordinary women holding/cradling their babies, maybe reading a book to their child/children, etc...with wording something of, or in part to, HONORING THE GREATEST and the HARDEST WORKING, MOST OVERLOOKED and UNDERESTIMATED OCCUPATION of THEM ALL...MOTHERHOOD...and/or very similar, to HONOR MOTHERS...! With all respect to women in the workplace and those who are so-called "working mothers" by today's standards, nobody but nobody works as hard as a full-time mother...not if they're doin' it right and not where I come from, anyway, IMO.

Hookman, wxcoin, YoloBagels and 2 others like this.
  21. Copper lover

Copper lover Well-Known Member

Dr. Maya Angelou is the first black woman to be on a U.S. coin. She is a very important author in the literary community as well as a powerful advocate. I am excited about this coin asthetically , culturally and numasitically.

Draft saved Draft deleted