U.S. Marshals Service 225th Anniversary 2015.Who picked one up?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by chromerunner, Jan 29, 2015.

1. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Wow!! Sorry to hear about all the issues you've had!! Hopefully the reissues won't be as problematic!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

reading this thread is making be belief that PF 70's might be few and far between.

4. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

I think that may be the case....not as many PF70s for the dollars. I am just getting refunds because the last time I sent some back and asked for replacement they just gave me a refund anyway. So not worth the hassle of waiting. If I want more I'll just order them again.

5. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Everything is still on back order other than the UNC $5 Gold.

6. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I'll tell you, the mint is setting a new low for quality on these coins. I ordered 3 unc dollars and I'm returning 2. Scratches that look like bag marks all over the reverse, they look like they were dumped into a hopper. Be glad you're on back order, maybe the next round will be better, if they don't send out these returns.

7. stoster38

stoster38 Member

That's sad to hear!! I wonder what's happening, at the Mint, that's causing these issues!!

8. buzzard

buzzard Active Member

Ordered Dollars PF and Unc and 2 proof halves, Will also get a graded set of the dollars. Maybe these will go up in value like the Law Enforcement commem.

9. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Everything back ordered. So what's a fair price for a proof dollar in pf 70?

10. tonydma

tonydma Junior Member

Ordered the half clad, half proof, dollar clad, dollar proof and 3 coin set. All were sent back except for the half clad for smudges, spotting etc. Unacceptable quality control again by the US Mint.

11. carly

carly Member

Mine will be delivered tomorrow. After all these posts, I'm going to be scared to open the box.

12. Greyford

Greyford Senior Member

I got my two proof halves. Both look good so I picked 1 and sent it in to PCGS through my local coin shop.

13. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"Both look good so I picked 1 and sent it in to PCGS through my local coin shop.

Your local coin shop sends in two coins - one of yours and one of their coins. Your coin comes back PF70 cameo the shop's coin comes back
    MS69. Which coin is the shop going to give you? The PF70 cameo or the MS69?

14. stoster38

stoster38 Member

Just have the proof half dollar. The others are back ordered. They were supposed to be available on 2/10. I contacted the Mint today and was told that the coins are still back ordered & there is no update on when they would be available [emoji31]

15. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

Seems to me the Mint is failing badly lately by not having near enough coins minted and on hand to fill the orders in a timely basis. Maybe it's because they are putting out too much too often, but it sure hurts if someone wants to send some in for first release labels or some such if the coins are back ordered for a month or more. If it made a difference in the quality of the coin, that would be one thing, but I doubt if the quality will be any better as they try to catch up.

16. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I've got a three coin set on back order. Because of problems with these coins I'm going to buy a graded set then cancel the BO.

17. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

The current price on the gold proof from the mint $400.45 I can't remember but did they drop the price of the coin yesterday.

18. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

I saw that the dollars were on back order so I just ordered a MS69 and PR69DCAM from L&C. They were $62 each but I eliminate the hassle of waiting for the mint to produce more, and $62 is less than I would pay to have them graded at PCGS's fee of $16, even if shipping both ways was free. Which it is not by a long shot.

19. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Well-Known Member

Just received notice that my Proof Dollar, backordered on 2/8, just shipped. My clad half proof is due to ship around 2/25.

Rob

20. stoster38

stoster38 Member

My 2 dollars just shipped!! [emoji4]

21. carly

carly Member

Mine arrived on Friday. Absolutely perfect!!

Draft saved Draft deleted