U.S. Frigate Constellation 1st Navy Ship Commemerative Coin

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Angel2626, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Lindagirl

Lindagirl New Member

I have two of these tokens. My Dad bought them in either the late 1950's or early 1960 at The Union Trust Bank for only $1.00 each. With the purchase ,the holder is entitiled to tour the ship any time.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

During the seventies, while visiting the Constellation in Baltimore I was told commemorative medals are available for sale.
    I bought two of the numbered medals one bronze or copper (don't remember) and the other made of pot medal.
    Yeah, I was told the medals could be used for free admission to the ship. About five years ago I tried to gain admission using one of the medals but was refused entry unless I paid for an admission.

4. Laura Brady Heim

Laura Brady Heim New Member

5. Laura Brady Heim

6. Laura Brady Heim

Hi. My father was very involved with the restoration of this ship, not as as a construction person, but was an oil painter. He
    Was a well known Baltimore artist, and painted the cover of the new Port of Baltimore magazine of the new, tall port of Baltimore
    Building, as well as the inner harbor.
    He has a lot to do with the renovations, and painted many things that had to do with the inner harbor in Baltimore, with interest in Fells Pt, and tug boats. His name was Howard Brady- and a talented “staple” as a painter in Baltimore City.
    He was given quite a few”lifetime admission coins”, although they were in plastic bags, and had paperwork inside each bag.
    The workers there now don’t seem to know about these, although if the paper is kept, shown, and RETURNED to you- we have had complete success with the lifetime pass.
    Remember to get the coin AND paper back.
    We’ve been often. (I have seen a few coins with the papers in Ebay in the past. )I’m unaware of other struck lifetime coins.
    Laura Brady Heim

7. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Thanks for the interesting information re: your father and his work.
    I'll have to see if my coins work for free admission.
    During the 70s renovations, I was touring the ship and found myself (by design) in the bottom of the hull and picked up a used, very old, flaking rusty, iron spike.
    Kept it for years,

Draft saved Draft deleted