Type Set Albums

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by centsdimes, May 24, 2015.

1. centsdimes

centsdimes Active Member

I've been collecting coins for more than 50 years, but not until this year did I take notice of U.S. type collections. Is Dansco going to resume making type set albums? The only other ones I can find online are Intercept Shield. I was able to get a Dansco album, though I had to pay a pretty penny.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I don't have the answer for you, but what grade are you hoping to make your Type Set?

4. centsdimes

centsdimes Active Member

If I understand your question, the grades vary greatly. The modern coins are mostly uncirculated. The older coins are whatever coins I have on hand or can find at the coin store. I'm trying to keep the costs down, so I can live with decent G-4 or VG-8 coins.

5. jlesliec

jlesliec Active Member

6. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

A little worried here. The 7070 is one of their most popular albums, and the only album that is widely known by its catalog number as well as its title. Somewhat shocked to see that it's out of stock at both Wizard and The Dansco Album Store.

7. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

They're in the middle of deciding how to reform the 7070 in light of the proliferation of modern circulating types. I suspect it will no longer be an album but a set of them.

8. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

It's been out of stock from Dansco and just about every coin supply company for a few years now. Most local shops have ran out as well. If Dansco is reworking the album, they sure are taking their time!

Every time I run across a copy in a shop, even used copies of the 7070, I buy them and am able to resell them almost instantly. Certainly lots of demand for the album as it's a lot of fun to put together!

Draft saved Draft deleted