Two of the Zombie 12

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Eng, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

I've been working on the 12 Caesars in silver, bronze and Zombie over the last few years. well pick two more zombie coins over the last couple weeks.not the best shape, but for my last minute post of 2015. so post up any of the 12 Caesars you got.
    Nero
    IMG_1055_opt.jpg
    And Caligula.
    Pa36gZk52jYBdS8q7oDstCr6J4bcyE.jpg
    Yes that looks better..

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

4. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

Is it jut me or does that 'Caligula' clearly say "Galba"?

paschka and swamp yankee like this.
  5. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

John was just testing you. :)

swamp yankee likes this.
  6. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Yes Ken you won the prize, just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention.:rolleyes:
    grabbed the wrong image, hard to tell what there are when they look like that.

paschka and Ancientnoob like this.
  7. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

fouree is on my 2016 list!

are you cooking awesome food tonight eng??:hungry:

paschka and Eng like this.
  8. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Happy New Year Eng (man, you are my West Coast contact) ...

Hey, I hear that there was an earthquake yesterday? (ummm, in BC anyway ... did you guys have any dishes fall onto the floor?)

=> I hope that you're getting good and drunk and I hope that you and yours have a very sweet New Years Eve and a great long weekend (ya old retired dawg!!)

cheers

Kentucky and Eng like this.
  9. zumbly

zumbly Ha'ina 'ia mai ana ka puana

Neato... Twelve Caesars in zombie is a fantastic idea. Happy New Year!

stevex6 likes this.
  10. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I need Caligula and Galba.
    re0860bb0375.jpg re0930bb0026.jpg re1020bb0737.jpg re1140bb0395.jpg re1180b01928lg.JPG re1190bb2092.jpg re1320bb0318.jpg re1400b00314lg.JPG re1560bb0423.jpg

Carthago, chrsmat71, paschka and 11 others like this.
  11. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

Some of them have some serious shotgun blasts to the head :eek:

paschka and stevex6 like this.
  12. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Yes they are rough, but one can always upgrade.;) tonight i went out and BBQ couple NEW York stripes steaks(30 degrees outside). deep fried 26 butterflied large prawns, baked potatoes, had to have a CAESAR salad went with Caligula.:D
    Steve Happy New Years to you and family, didn't have any shaking here. watching some movies, try to stay up to 10. i still get up at 5:30 am.:wideyed:

chrsmat71 and stevex6 like this.
  13. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

old habits, eh?

Yah, I am the same way => it is New Year's morning and I'm totally hung-over, but the show must go on, so I got up at 5:10am just like any other day and fed the hounds, made some coffee and punched the ol' life-clock!!

[​IMG]

Oh => your New Year's Eve dinner sounds awesome ... I wish nothing but the best for the Eng-clan in 2016

paschka and Eng like this.
  14. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Thanks for the comment folks and Steve we are at -3.9C this am, T shirt for you..:)

paschka and stevex6 like this.
  15. Eng

Eng Senior Eng

Its great to have young people around, just because you buy an expensive camera, sure doesn't mean you can take good pictures.:shifty: so last year i learned how to put two pictures side by side. every post i have to write out. hoping i don't screw up something i do.i have problems with reading and writing, i make no excuses. i trying to learn. this year i want to get info on the photo so i don't have to retype as much.:)
    Since i used the Galba Fourree', i went back today and added my info to the Caligula Fourree'. only using paint, so i'm limited to that.;)

What do you think? better picture and back ground would help.:woot:
    IMG_1061_opt.jpg

16. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Twelve Caesars as fourees is a great idea!

One of my favorite coins is one that is much more common as a fouree than solid. Another oddity for these pieces is that the style of the fourees in the "Devicta" series is oftentimes of finer style than the solid issues.

Vespasian. AD 69-79. 17mm 2.7g. Fourée Denarius, Lugdunum or illegal mint. normal_JudaeaDevicta.jpg
    O: Laureate head right, IMP CAESAR VESPASIANVS AVG TR P
    R: Draped Jewess standing left, hands tied in front of her, palm tree behind, IVDAEA DEVICTA.

17. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

18. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Interesting coin randygeki! Obviously the hole was carefully placed to have Venus hanging as a pendant or something similar. We can only imagine their outrage upon seeing the core!

randygeki likes this.
  19. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

IMHO the most significant fault of this image is the light coming from the bottom making shadows over the top of the head and highlights under the chin. This is what we call ghoul lighting as when Trick or Treaters shine a flashlight up onto their faces. I have never seen a coin or a person that benefits from ghoul lighting unless the intent was to be scary.

Nemo's image is what I would call great!

20. brassnautilus

brassnautilus Well-Known Member

have only 1 zombie :(
    [​IMG]

Carthago, chrsmat71, paschka and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted