Two new IHC's

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by razorblaydesjr, May 26, 2015.

1. razorblaydesjr

razorblaydesjr Active Member

Picked up two new ones. Your thoughts and input is appreciated. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

Odd coloring on the first one, like the second one better. Nice newps Razor. ;)

4. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

I like the higher AU 1909 best.

5. razorblaydesjr

I agree.

Thanks, but unfortunately I believe the 1909 has been altered. I do like the look in hand though... pretty wild looking!

6. Sean the Coin Collector

Sean the Coin Collector Active Member

i love that 1887 but yeah the 1909 just looks a bit altered to me !!

7. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

That 1887 is gorgeous.

razorblaydesjr likes this.
  8. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Nice couple of IHC's.

9. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

1909 - AT
    1887 - QT

10. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Nice coins, but quest. color. I bought a gem BU 1905 IHC with similar toning as your 1887, but more naturally looking IMO... NGC still called it AT :-(
    I didn't care too much and cracked it out :)

11. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I see you like color. Well that's different, lol. Have fun, that's what it's about.

Ah, let me let you in on a little secret. Ya know those things they call "AT" and "NT?" Ya heard about those? Confusing, ain't they? Yeah, I know. Good we have TPGs. Otherwise, how would we know? Take that 1909, for instance. Beautiful color. You like it, because you bought it. How do you know it's not "AT?" You'd have to be clairvoyant to know that. Well, here's the little secret. The TPGs aren't clairvoyant, either. Don't forget it. ;)

green18 likes this.
  12. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Time to get the Ouija board out again Eddie. :)

Fabulous pics OP. :)

eddiespin likes this.
  13. razorblaydesjr

Thanks @eddiespin, and I agree with your overall statement. The 1909 was purchased with the hope that it was going to look good in person. The photos were poor quality, but I picked it up anyways because I knew I had return privileges. Once I received it, I immediately disliked it.

But yes you are correct... I do like color!

Thanks again Eddie, I always appreciate your input and other post.

eddiespin likes this.
  14. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

There appears to be a nice die clash on the 1887. I like both just fine.

eddiespin and razorblaydesjr like this.
  15. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You dislike it even if it later slabs "NT?" With stars or plusses and even stickers? Lol. I don't know what I was concerned about. You got the hang of it. :)

16. razorblaydesjr

Sure the heck is. Nice eye @jay4202472000

jay4202472000 likes this.
  17. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Interestingly, the coin is slabbed problem free in a PCGS holder with Rick Snow's Photoseal sticker. Since Rick has seen this in hand, I would trust him, but I wonder how favorably the coin compares in hand to the photos. My first thought was questionable color, but I am very conservative (and shy) with copper. Silver, nickel, and gold are more my bread and butter.

18. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I was going to say something like that but I didn't have the evidence in-hand like you to back it up. But I've seen it on that kind of color, the NGC gumshoes giving it the thumbs down, then the PCGS sleuths with their noses to the ground coming back and acquitting it for their market of any wrongdoing. Pretty bizarre, isn't it? "Oh, but it's subjective, it's opinions!" I sincerely hope somebody doesn't come back and tell me that. They don't know what the hell they're doing, that's what it is.

micbraun and jay4202472000 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted