Two new fractional notes for my collection (2nd and 5th issue notes)

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Sallent, Oct 2, 2026 at 10:19 PM.

  1. Sallent

    Sallent Live long and prosper

    Here's two additional notes I acquired for my fractional collection:

    The first is a 5 Cent from the second issue. I have to admit that when it comes to the five different issues of fractional currencies, the second ranks at the bottom for me. I was never a big fan of those metallic security features that looked like a horse collar around the portrait. In the overwhelming majority of these notes, they're never centered...and even when they are they still just look weird to me.

    But it is what it is, and I still need some. So here's my first.

    Fractional 2nd Issue 5 Cents.jpg

    And then for my second acquisition today, I found the 50 cents for the 5th issue, whish I have to say is my second favorite issue of fractionals behind the 4rth.

    Fractional 5th issue 50 Cents.jpg

    Feel free to post anything you want.
     
    SensibleSal66 and -jeffB like this.
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

    SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

    Since there was a shortage of coins from this era, are they more valuable or is it the other way around?
     

Share This Page