Two Lincoln errors 1994, 1993

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by austinl, Jan 25, 2011.

1. austinl

austinl Junior Member

This first one i think is like the BIE except its in a different spot.
    The second and third, near the bottom of the pillar, is maybe a DD? Im not talking about the die cracks on the pillars.

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

Hi austinl
    You are correct on number 1, I believe number 2 is a minor die clash of the rear of Lincoln's neck.

Richard

4. abe

abe LaminatedLincolnCollector

Thats the 1st IIB I've seen from the 90's, I'd hang on to it if I were you...

5. wledswift

wledswift New Member

Nice, I've always been enamored with the BIE. This is the first time I've seen an IIB since the change. Great find I would hang on to it. There is a premium, to some collectors, on the extra letter type of errors. If you do end up moving it please make sure to PM me and let me know.

6. austinl

austinl Junior Member

Would anyone know what i could sell it for? The same as a normal BIE or more because its rarer? If it is worth selling how would i clean it?

7. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Nice "BIE" cent!

8. wledswift

wledswift New Member

austil I would just hang on to it if I were you. You can find simalar on ebay from 5-15.00. Its a great start to an error collection. As for the cleaning, please excuse the caps but I need to be sure you understand "DON'T EVER CLEAN A COIN" If you clean it you have a hunk of copper plated zinc worth .01

Draft saved Draft deleted