Two Cent Piece on Heritage

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Seated J, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Seated J

Seated J Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

You know it is a grease filled die because it is in MS condition. So that's what it is.

Spark1951, GeorgeM and john65999 like this.
  4. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

6. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

wondering why not mentioned on the slab?? to me, it appears to be a grease-filled die....these types of coins carry a slight premium over a regular priced coin...

GeorgeM likes this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I see you have been a member since April, but I don't think I have personally welcomed you, so Welcome to CT. Unfortunately I can't open the link due to Hughes Net slowing my download capability to almost zero, so I'll take the other members word that it a grease filled die causing the issue.

john65999 likes this.
  8. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

thank you, love this site...

9. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

Several years ago, I bought a Washington quarter from Heritage that had an S mintmark. When it arrived, the mintmark was faint to nonexistent. I sent it back.

10. Deerslayer88

Deerslayer88 New Member

11. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that. Did they handle your issue well? I've haven't had any problems with Heritage, but the real measure is how a seller deals with problems that arise, IMO.

12. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

They refunded my money, but I was out the return postage. Also, I find Heritage charges a bundle for shipping. I prefer dealers like DLRC; everything from them is postpaid. Now, Heritage duns me for state tax, as does eBay. That's another 7% tacked on. I wind up buried in most everything I buy these days.

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Possibly to you, but to the vast majority of collectors (who are not error collectors) the missing details are a detraction and worth a lower price. If I was looking to buy a MS 2 cent piece, I would want one with full details.

TypeCoin971793 likes this.
  14. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Then you should calculate the final costs of things before you bid on them

Beefer518 likes this.
  15. Seated J

Seated J Well-Known Member

Indeed, that is why I didn’t bid, looking for a well struck example for my type set. This is kind of the opposite.

16. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Oh well better luck ahead you know.

Draft saved Draft deleted