Two birds one stone...or a 20...

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by mark_h, Jun 11, 2010.

1. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

A radar note and a devil note....all in one. Never thought I would find another radar note. You guys been hoggin' em' up - finally snagged another. :)

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. logical123

logical123 Senior Member

Nice bill! Pity it isn't CHCU, but I'd keep it for only $20 all the same! :hail:

4. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

very nice pickup :thumb: definitely a keeper

5. Art

Art Numismatist?

Nice note. Great serial number. Would certainly be a keeper for me.

6. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Nice S/N...I never find good serial's...nice pick up for face.

7. thaivic

thaivic Junior Member

Very nice find mark, wish I could find just one!

Now the medication has kicked in and my brain's going walkabout...

Does anyone have a note that is symetrical, that is the same backwards and forwards and the same upside down? One could only use the numbers 0 and 8 (it would be nice to include 1 but there is a slight difference when it's upside down). An OHHO note?

And...does anyone have or ever come across one that is not a radar but the same when upside down? Now you have 0, 8, 6 and 9 to play with eg.98069086 and what would that be called? Perhaps a pood? A doop I suppose is more appropriate but I prefer the first.

8. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Interesting concept and never really thougth about that - radars are hard enough. I have never really looked for one. My Other radar comes close - 86833868. So replace the 3's with 6's or 8's and you would have one. :)

9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Nice peice!! Very original!! Congrats :)

10. Numbers

Numbers Senior Member

Technically it's called an "ambigram", but that's less illustrative. :rolleyes:

I've got a note with serial 61069019; but as you said, with the 1's in the mix, this one only counts if you squint.

11. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

It isn't the same upside down....the 6's switch to 9's.

To be a rotator (SWIMS) it would have to appear as such:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe the only true radar/rotators that are the same forwards/backwards and upside down are the ones that only contain 8's and 0's in the correct positions.

Draft saved Draft deleted