TV Coin Shows

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by wcoins, Mar 1, 2015.

?

Do you watch TV coin shows?

1. Yes, I like to see coins on TV and even bought coins on TV

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Yes, I like to see coins on TV but never bought coins on TV

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. No, I don't watch coin shows on TV

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

My favorite one is AANTV. They are offering a 1.4m reward if you find a 1913 Liberty Nickel in their unsearched rolls they sell for $69.77. :woot:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MadMartigan

MadMartigan Active Member

I watch the shows for humor value as I like coins and love to laugh at the ridiculousness of the prices and shows. Sometimes its fun to watch a snake oil salesman. Would never buy from them though.

Cringely likes this.
  4. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Rick is very knowledgeable.

His coins are overpriced in person as well.

JPeace$ likes this.
  5. It is fun to watch with your iPad in hand to check eBay to see how much the coins are overpriced.

treylxapi47 and JPeace$ like this.
  6. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

I was doing that right now. They are selling 2015 NGC MS70 First Day ASE for $99.77 free ship. Last few of these sold on ebay for $80-$90.

7. MadMartigan

MadMartigan Active Member

That's actually pretty reasonable for them at just %15 markup average. Typically there markup is more like %200-300.

JPeace$ likes this.
  8. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Earlier they were selling rolls of 2015 Eagles for $425.

9. thetracer

thetracer Active Member

The sky must be falling, if they are selling that cheap, unlike their usual monster markup.

That's not too bad a price.

10. BaconSlayer

BaconSlayer Active Member

Yes, I watch HSN - purely educational - I DVR it and use the fast forward a lot.

11. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

To this day I do not know how some of these crooks can sleep at night. I hope there is a special place in HELL for some of these con artists. They take advantage of the elderly and those that are not knowledgeable in coin prices or the daily spot. The creators and owners of these institutions should be locked up for years. I do not know why people trust these folks. I have heard of some people losing their life savings on these shows. It is just a shame.

Draft saved Draft deleted