Turtles!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, May 15, 2016.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hiddendragon

Unfortunately if you look on eBay there are a lot of really nice notes with turtles on them that are very expensive. I don't spend a lot of money on paper currency because it's not my main area of interest. There's a bunch that I'd have to spend $50, $100, or even more for. Here's one that I don't own but I think is incredible. If anyone wanted to get me a gift, here's what I want. comoros.jpg

Stork, Muzyck and furryfrog02 like this.
  4. Hiddendragon

Since I started including currency, here are two more I just received. 1993 sao tome 500 dobras.jpg eastern caribbean 5 dollars.jpg

Muzyck, Stork and furryfrog02 like this.
  5. Hiddendragon

My latest. 1997 cyprus 1 pound.jpg

Muzyck and Stork like this.
  6. PaddyB

PaddyB Eccentric enthusiast

I knew Turtles were sought after somewhere! This little medallion was in a lot today - the reverse is blank and there are no marks to indicate it is silver.
    Turtle Medallion.JPG

Muzyck, Stork and Hiddendragon like this.
  7. Neli's

Neli's New Member

[QUOTE = "Hiddendragon, post: 2969401, miembro: 25270"] Mi más reciente. [ATTACH = full] 728275 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
    Hola, veo que tenemos el mismo hobby, tortugas, cómo lo llevas?

8. Hiddendragon

Si, me gusta tortugas. Tengo 66 monedas con tortugas. Mi Espanol no es muy bueno y no entiendo "como lo llevas."

9. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

10. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

11. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

12. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

I like to collect currency from the Pacific islands. This one arrived today and it just happens to have... a turtle

French Polynesia face.jpg
    French Polynesia back.jpg

Hiddendragon likes this.
  13. Hiddendragon

I like that one too. I might have to get one. I know nothing about currency but I occasionally just buy ones that I like the appearance of.

14. Hiddendragon

Since I hadn't updated this with my latest, I don't think any of these were posted yet. 1612-1651 nurnburg wolf lauffer rechenpfennig.jpg 1996 cook islands 5 dollars.jpg 1999 turks and caicos 20 crowns.jpg 2003 russia 1 ruble turtle.jpg

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Here is another turtle - the latest piece in the Animals series of €3 coins. Every issue (this is number ten, with two more to come) features the colored depiction of an animal that glows in the dark. Image from the Austrian Mint, see the link. The "value side" is the same for the entire series.

Christian

AT2019Turtle.jpg

16. Hiddendragon

It's too bad it's a colored coin as I have a policy against buying those. Otherwise I'd have to get one.

17. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Yeah, the entire series is somewhat gimmicky in my opinion ;) but apparently quite popular. I like the idea (apparently inspired by the Canadian Mint's glow-in-the-dark issues) as it may get younger people interested in coins, but I do not have any either.

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted