Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Justin Cohen, Nov 29, 2021.
Log in or Sign up to hide this ad.
1. Marcus Aurelius sestertius (?)
2. Commodus dupondius
3. Severus Alexander denarius
4. A rather scarce sestertius of Septimus Severus. I believe it is this one here (although much worse condition): https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/in...y_minerva_or_roma_scarce/1175676/Default.aspx
5. No idea. I'd guess it's a provincial coin, maybe Valerian?
6. Augustus as
7. Trajan as (?)
8. Marcus Aurelius sestertius
9. No idea. Probably a provincial coin of Domitian?
10. A sestertius of Faustina (?)
I might be wrong on these though, so hopefully someone else will be able to help
5 looks like it might be Volusian.
7 looks like a Trajan as, with victory flying left, holding that shield thing.
9 is a provincial of Caesarea, with Mount Argaeus on the reverse. Sure looks like Domitian.
10 looks like Faustina II
everything else in @Harry G 's list looks good
And 4 is definitely the star of the lot. Honest wear, but a rather rare and desirable reverse.
Separate names with a comma.