Trying to figure out why this seller 6k in feedback has not made the FAKE seller list???

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by AngelDeath, Sep 20, 2017.

?

Are all these coins fake?

1. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. David Atherton

David Atherton Flavian Fanatic

I have to admit, I felt well pleased when I obtained the piece. If it had been mounted in a ring the reverse would have been hidden, and that is where the rare date is located. It would have been lost to history.

Nemo and Youngcoin like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I've bought from him many many times over the years, never had issues.

I just don't buy from him as often as I did years back, his stuff gets more bids anymore, even for ho hum coins.

4. Ken Dorney

Ken Dorney Yea, I'm Cool That Way...

I've known Plamen for about 20 years or more. When he first got started he knew nothing about coins and antiquities (I used to do all his attributions). As such things would get past him and still do, but there isnt anything nefarious about it. Everyone makes mistakes. I myself bought a fake just a couple years ago but it was caught before it was offered for sale (not by me).

Anyway, the coin in question does appear a bit off. I would want to see it in person, but its easier than that for me, I wouldn't buy it myself.

Deacon Ray likes this.
  5. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Very light at at 2.2gm, and looks like a test cut on Livia's stomach, maybe an imitative foree?

6. AngelDeath

AngelDeath Well-Known Member

There are more than enough of theses Republics to go around.... The Gold patina on this Alexander No...BUT I just have it setting EXTRAORDINARY Ancient Coins are expensive to justify buying the ones I really want to enjoy/ PRESERVE History. Like this OWL

I have to make sacrifices so if I can double my money on a common imperfect coin IMG_3858.JPG IMG_3858.JPG IMG_3877.JPG front.jpg front.jpg owl.jpg IMG_3877.JPG IMG_3858.JPG and keep the toning on this owl for the next guy I feel justified!

Draft saved Draft deleted