Try to keep the noise down

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by green18, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

Seeing yourself in others; denying your own faults and instead seeing/projecting them to others around you.

Blissskr, Insider and C-B-D like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

I intended for it to be a joke, but you are right about people keeping it pretty civil so far. Hopefully it stays that way!

4. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Thanks. That's like I don't have any faults but all you all do - right?

5. Coinchemistry 2012

Person X is stubborn and refuses to admit he is wrong. Person X then sees the same trait in everyone around him and accuses others of having the very traits that he possesses but refuses to acknowledge.

Insider likes this.
  6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I hope you have just had too much to drink when you post stuff like this. It's not cool.

7. Coinchemistry 2012

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  8. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I have long held Mr. Burdette in an extremely low esteem usually reserved for gutter-dwelling fauna surviving on the gray scum found therein. Why?

His testimony in the Langbord case alone demands so low a consignment.

green18 and Cascade like this.
  9. Coinchemistry 2012

I missed this until Larry quoted it. You have threatened violence, which I am sure violates the terms of use. Such an action would constitute criminal assault and battery (of an elderly man no less) if successfully executed. This is ban-worthy in my humble opinion.

@Peter T Davis @desertgem @GDJMSP

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Oh please

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Is Roger a member here?

12. Coinchemistry 2012

It appears so. @RWB

Also doesn't the poster have some connection to the ANA? I wonder what that organization would think about the threats made by the other poster towards a prospective ANA show attendee.

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

[rolls eyes]

14. Insider

My association with Roger has been A+. I don't recall ever meeting him but I have most of his books, have emailed, and spoke with him on the phone. He seems like a perfectly knowledgeable gentleman numismatist. I didn't realize he was elderly as he has a sharp mind.

I have only disliked one famous numismatist (ANA president & Hall of Fame) who was IMO, a "cracked-eye" vindictive old fool; yet I would never think of harming him. My satisfaction came when he realized I had far surpassed him in his chosen field as a numismatist. :smuggrin: May he RIP and keep spinning like a top. :jawdrop: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

15. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

There are significant differences between the situations. One of the most important being that the Westminster Mint case did not involve alterations to genuine coins (over-striking). And the Judge in the Westminster Case echoed the faulty conclusions from the Demarco vs NCM case.

Paul M. likes this.
  16. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I doubt Bellman meant it literally, but he does come off here as a hothead at times, so maybe he did mean it? We all know emoticons make everything better... you can say anything on here as long as you put this after it: :woot:

Cascade likes this.
  17. Coinchemistry 2012

He has proven to be quite delusional on top of being a hot head. For all we know, he might have a psychiatric disorder and really target RWB/act on his threat. Regardless, his words are uncalled for and have no place in a civilized coin forum.

18. Insider

:rolleyes: THIS is a little "much" don't you think. Oh...:woot::woot:

Paul M., Cascade, C-B-D and 1 other person like this.
  19. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Someone once asked me to target an NGC grader with a Supersoaker at a coin show once. (True story!) Alas, I didn't have one with me at the time.

Paul M. and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  20. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Counter-opinion: Roger has written a number of highly informative, intricately researched, and significantly educational books. He has won numerous Numismatic Literary Guild awards, and has contributed immeasurably to this hobby. He has contributed far more to this hobby than you ever will. Everyone should read/own Roger's books - especially his Renaissance series and From Mine to Mint.

I have a number of choice words that I could say about you, Kurt, but I realize that I've had too much Port and will regret them in the morning.

Insider and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  21. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

If I were a betting man, I'd bet we've all done some immeasurable good in our lives, and also said and done some deeply base things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.