TruGrade TPS?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mike Willner, May 11, 2008.

1. Mike Willner

Mike Willner Member

I came across a coin graded by TruGrade third party grading service. This is a new one on me, but admittedly I'm a novice. So I'm wondering if any of you have any insight or experience with this grading service.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stainless

stainless ANTONINIVS

stay away from anything that is not NGC, PCGS, ANACS, and IGC, has been my experience.

stainless

4. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Better yet, get coin grading guides, study coins, and learn their nuances and grade them yourself, the knowledge is priceless and the savings many as you gain experience.

5. walterallen

walterallen Coin Collector

Stainless is giving you good sound advice. I really don't care to much for slabbed coins even though I have several.
    I have also learned, the hard way, that other TPG services other then the above cannot be taken serious and are most likely way over graded.
    It is my contention that "all" TPG services have reported inaccurate grades yet they command a handsome fee for their service. For specialty coins and very rare coins a reputable TPG service would be worth the knowing the coin is genuine.

Your own education in identifying and grading coins is the one certain way to spending your money wisely.

Keep On Collecting!!!

Allen

Draft saved Draft deleted