Trophy Points

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tibor, Jun 18, 2019.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I have yet to figure out what trophy points were supposed to be for. Kind of meaningless, since everyone maxes out at 113.

Likes count for a little something, as a metric of popularity, at least. Featured Articles are noteworthy, I always felt.

tibor and Heavymetal like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. NYandW

NYandW Makes Cents!

Coin collecting or trophy collecting? Yipes... Zzzz

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Hmmm - a little ? Then how's come everybody wants one from me ? :rolleyes:

But ya know what, a like from me and that same $5 bill I mentioned - it'll buy ya the same cup of coffee ;)

Tlberg and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Gave you a like. Didn't have five bucks, so you'll have to buy your own coffee and Bismarcks.

(I thought you made that last part up at first. After all, who names pastry after grouchy-looking dead German dudes with huge eyebrows and walrus mustaches? Someone, apparently.)

Ironically, I do not have the five bucks because I spent it on Ladymarcovan and Victoria this morning.

For donuts. And latte.

Nyatii, Tlberg and tibor like this.
  6. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

After awhile you really stop caring about the number of likes, or anything else. I just checked my stats for the first time in several months thanks to this thread....

Screenshot_20190620-234754.png

Honestly doesn't mean much of anything to me. There's really no difference between having 20,000 likes or having 30,000 likes. It's not like you get a trophy, and at the end of the day the quality of each of your posts have to speak for itself.

I suspect once you pass 10,000 likes, and have two or three featured articles, you'll no longer care that much about your stats... Until you come across a thread like this one that reminds you that's such things still exist.

I tell you what really does interest me though... having a good profile photo. Every few months my vanity kicks in and I feel like I have to get a better profile photo than the one I currently have.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    Nyatii, tibor and Tlberg like this.
  7. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I think they need to give out "participation trophy" points, so that no one feels left out.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Tlberg likes this.
  8. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

that's a bit extreme....but Points are Points :D

9. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

The last 1 was Cool @Sallent - But Dogs are Good People :)

10. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

I recently met my 1st Great Dane...(edited in advance) HUGE! 20190430_181215.jpg

Sallent and tibor like this.
  11. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

When my dog was younger he used to give me input on which ancient coins were keepers and which ones needed to go....

IMG_0534.JPG

But now he's turned into a lizard eating and duck hunting hyper machine that would probably try and swallow a coin if it so much as came within 20 feet of one. So I'm trying to train my 8 year old son to assume the task of being my second pair of eyes for quality control of the collection.

As for the lizard eating and duck hunting part, it's no exaggeration unfortunately. I have a planted area in my backyard and I used to love watching the lizards sunbathing by the plants, but now since my dog grew up there's zero lizards left, and twice in the last year I've come home to find the dog holding a duck in it's mouth. I think some migrating ducks probably decided to rest by the pool in my backyard, and for two of those unfortunate creatures that was the last thing they ever did.

Lueds, Nyatii, tibor and 1 other person like this.
  12. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

:( in you're Dog's defence - as they Mature they tend to instinctively try to Protect their human....from ducks or Lizards or cats or..the wind? In general Still good People mho

Lueds, Sallent and tibor like this.
  13. Tlberg

Tlberg Well-Known Member

(Especially Lizards!)

Draft saved Draft deleted