Trip to the Coin Dealer

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by eric0911, Jun 11, 2011.

1. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

Today I went out of town, and stopped at the coin shop while I was there. My purchases:
    $1.00 face Barbers for: MELT
    Some world copper
    Great Brittan: 1934 George V penny, EF or so, 2 Victoria Half Pennies(with some damage I cant believe I didn't notice :( ) 1854 New Brunswick Half Penny Currency, hit on reverse that comes to the obverse, and an 1856 Nova Scotia Halfpenny Token, hit on obverse with verdigris in it, shows on reverse, other verdigris on it. I figure I still didn't do too bad for $3 for all 3.
    Unidentified Asian Coin 39 MM give or take a couple, one side has a symbol with 19 rings around it, has some black gunk that acetone should take care of. I will post pics soon, if it is possible to identify by description that is great. I got it for a buck.

Overall a good experience.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

It's always fun going to new shops and seeing different things eric. There aren't too many in my area, but there's one in particular that I've been going to for nearly 20 years. It looks like you did good overall. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Bruce

4. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

I love getting Barber coins for melt

5. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

This is the one I needed help with
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I'll help ya bump it too Eric. Must be someone out there who can lend a hand. :)

Glad you had a positive experiance at the shop.

8. DMiller

DMiller Junior Member

I can make out that it comes from Sichuan (四川) and has a denomination of 100 (百).

9. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

With that info I found that its a 100 cash from 1913 to 1914. Now I need help with the year, and how to tell between the brass and the copper.

10. DMiller

DMiller Junior Member

After looking in The Standard Catalog of World Coins, I believe it's a 1913: the reverse indicates (二年) for 1913, versus (三年) for 1914. I don't know how to differentiate between brass/copper, though.

11. eric0911

eric0911 SMS-71

With that and an online Krause, it's Y-450. Thanks for the help DMiller

Draft saved Draft deleted