Trinary bills

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Pennybaby75, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Pennybaby75

Pennybaby75 Active Member

Hello Good People,
    I got a $5 bill today that is a trinary..yayyyy..
    Need some input...
    I will be keeping this specific one not only for the trinary but for the ML 4664555 K serial number.
    A historic figure MLK of the 1955 movement who's assassination happened on 4/4/68.
    Question is: Is there a site or forum for trinaries numbers with historic dates in serial numbers?
    Or Bill's with historic dates in a serial number? Or Trinaries?
    Is the value more than face value?
    Where or how would I begin to research something of this sort?

Again holding on to this one , but would be nice to know if people are looking for things like this and what's it worth if anything.
    Your time, help, and input is appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Oldhoopster and Pennybaby75 like this.
  4. Pennybaby75

Thank you sir and thank you for the welcome.
    I'm learning so much and having fun watching my collection grow since I started a few weeks ago.

5. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

@Pennybaby75 Welcome to Coin Talk! I agree with @Mountain Man Little if any added value, but it is a neat serial number!! There are some sites that address trinary notes but I don't really know anything about their reliability! Just google "Trinary Notes". There are several trinary notes advertised on eBay so you might check the SOLD listings for an estimated value!

Pennybaby75 likes this.
  6. Pennybaby75

Thank you very much @1stSgt22
    you both are awesome.

I just checked out the link @Mountain Man suggested and I have been looking at some of my collection in a not so right way. I appreciate the help

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I neat serial number but as a collector of paper money it should only have two digits. The condition on paper money has a lot to do with its value. Still, I’d save it.

Pennybaby75 likes this.
  8. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

There is a lot to learn about this hobby! I've been collecting coins since the 1950's and am still learning! You're in the right place!!!

Pennybaby75 and Collecting Nut like this.
  9. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Trinary is a term used to describe a serial number on Planet eBay. You’ll never see that description used on any professional auction sights like Heritage, Stacks-Bowers or Spink. I know zero serious collectors looking for or buying Trinarys. If you like it keep it.

10. Pennybaby75

You all are Awesome, Yes it is a keeper..

Can't wait to share my next find.
    Thanks all:happy:

Collecting Nut likes this.
  11. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

Pennybaby75 likes this.
  12. Pennybaby75

JPD3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted