Trevose PA coin show pickups

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by MK Ultra, Oct 26, 2020.

1. MK Ultra

MK Ultra Well-Known Member

7 Ikes and a 1786 Kreuzer Nurnberg
    2 ikes are in PCGS holders, 1 in an ICG holder and 4 are in NNC holders. Pricing was right for the coins, not what the holders alleged. ICG is a little dark, but it's a 1971S proof.

20201026_133141.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

How much was the lot?

4. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Yeah, NNC slabs usually sell for 2-3 grades below the assigned grade. Can you get us a better photo of that first 1973 IKE, the toning looks very interesting.

5. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

I like the Kreuzer. Not a fan of Ikes...

:cigar:

6. MK Ultra

Bought from different dealers. approx. $375 total. Some of that was in trade, a 5 oz silver quarter I bought when silver was down, so good value there. They both have real nice blue toning, while not something I look for, it was a plus. The sunlight seems to capture it nicely, so I did a pick with each one closer to the window. image2.JPG image1.JPG

capthank likes this.
  7. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

Beautiful

8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I was going to go to that show on Sunday, by the time I remembered it after 1 PM.
    I bought some of my raw coins for the 7070 I'm working on there.

9. MK Ultra

Burlington NJ is open in 2 weeks. I'll be there.

10. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Those 1973-MS67s are likely 65s...none exist in 67 and only a handfull exist in 66 which is valued at around $400.

11. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Well, you certainly had a good day at the show. Nice coins

12. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Nice haul, congratulations.

13. Lehigh96

How many tables did they have at the Trevose show? I'm thinking about attending the next one as it is only an hour away from me.

14. MK Ultra

The 2 out front, (are those for the promoter?), plus approximately 20 inside. There is the craps dealer, the young guy with all the toned coins, the gold guy in the back, the currency guy, the Vietnam veteran, the high end guy in the front, the supplies guy in the back, many of the usual suspects. Marty was not there, the bullion guy. There were some other noticeable absences, Double Diamond was not there, but the younger guy that sets up next to him was. The elderly couple in the middle towards the front was not there.

15. Lehigh96

Is the young guy with the toned coins named Elliot?

16. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

I still get nice Ike's from the bank. 1972 D Ike Dollar.jpg

dwhiz likes this.
  17. MK Ultra

No idea, I've never interacted with him.

18. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I've been to Trevose a few times but not for a couple of years now. I never seemed to find much of anything that interested me, plus it's a pretty long ride. It's good to hear that Burlington is coming back. I used to go up their on and off and always came home with a few nice things.

Bruce

Draft saved Draft deleted