Train Track Cent?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Jersey magic man, Apr 8, 2021.

1. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Some people probably did it like when during the depression people were hoarding gold because they know it would be worth more than F.V some point and probably passed down e.t.c. now a double eagle is worth 20 ×100 and a little less average.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

As a kid, I would place the cent on the track and then wait for the Red Line to pass over it, watching where it went and then retrieve it.

4. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Are there any ties still on that spur? When I was working on the railroad I would find Date Nails on old ties. The RR's used them to keep track of how long ties lasted. This was primarily done in the early 20th Century.

5. Mickey in PDX

Mickey in PDX Active Member

Ha! I grew up in downtown Baton Rouge and would place a coin on the track, likely a penny, as a little kid and never found them later. Wondered about putting some chewing gum on it and sticking it to the track but gave up.

6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

They are all there, But last year some of them got covered with crushed stone to make a walking path as its a short cut between two towns.

Inspector43 likes this.
  7. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

That’s a freeze dried banana slice

8. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

9. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

10. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

A couple more. No date.
    20210410_104911.jpg 20210410_104923.jpg 20210410_105126.jpg 20210410_105136.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted