Tragic Monotony

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by TyCobb, Oct 12, 2019.

1. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

Oh that feeling when you open a box and they are all new.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DatDareNickelGuy

DatDareNickelGuy Well-Known Member

Id still give them a quick check.

I have found blank planchets and clip planchets in Uncirculated boxes before. I have also found a box of uncirculated nickles where Jefferson had a huge die chip on his nose on EVERY COIN!

So it can still be somewhat of a quick and fun hunt :)

-jeffB, Stevearino and TyCobb like this.
  4. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

They are still getting opened. It's just now I am trying to find the absolute perfect specimens instead of having the ability to ignore half due to parking lots and chemicals.

Spark1951 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

A box of which denomination? o_O

6. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

Dimes. The box of quarters is still a mystery. :nailbiting:

paddyman98 likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

This came out of a Mint bag (uncirculated, of course!) and it cost me a whopping 68c. How's that @Cheech9712 !
    2001-D 50c REV Slab.jpg
    And, I've lost count on how many SQ's, Kennedy halves and Sac dollars which came out of uncirculated Mint bags that were submitted for grading and came back as MS68 that I quickly flipped for $150 or more.

I'd much rather search a box of brand new, same date coins from the bank looking for high grades, errors & varieties than a run-of-the-mill mix of 20-40 year old circulated coins with different dates and mintmarks.

You've got to spend money to make money, but trading penny for penny, nickel for nickel, dime for dime, etc. with a bank ain't the way to do it unless your only objective is to fill those Whitman albums.

Chris

Spark1951, Mr. Flute, Mike185 and 2 others like this.
  8. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

As of now, yep. :shame:

I have a job to make money. ;)

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Never know what you'll find if you don't search them, new or otherwise.

buckeye73, TyCobb and Amberlarry22 like this.
  10. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

I know it upsetting!! Second box of 2018d’s cent 7165F01F-FE22-44D6-9F8D-B8DA3D4F1A58.jpeg

TyCobb likes this.
  11. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

@Mike185 I got a box of 2017-D I never went through. Figured 1 was enough :hungover:

12. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

So far. 1 semi md. On the “on” in one cent and a few good bu’s. But nothing interesting get.... I figure the same 1 was all I need. But I got a box at Christmas I went through a few months ago and bought a box this morning. Had my hopes up. I didn’t even look through the top until I got home!!! Lesson learned.

Draft saved Draft deleted