Trade $ Experts- Opinions Please!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Jack D. Young, Jun 22, 2022.

1. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

looks the same to me just has darker shading . Pretty certain coin is authentic . I would buy it if price was good and I needed it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

The edge reeding looks ok to me.

Jack D. Young likes this.
  4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

This one has had me on the edge of my seat…. Will there be a reveal forthcoming?

5. ksparrow

This coin is really bugging me because the surfaces aren't like anything I've seen before. I don't think it's die wear causing the micropitting, but maybe? or maybe die rust although usually the rust-pit bumps are larger and in clusters rather then spread out evenly. That there is at least 1 example in a straight graded holder is reassuring but hey it's a Jack Young thread!!

Jack D. Young and micbraun like this.
  6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I seem to recall a similar T$ with the same "pained" smile, but I can not recall who had it and what the outcome was. I only have 1 T$ myself , so I am just an onlooker :) Jim

7. ksparrow

I plunged into the Heritage Archives, went back as far as 10/2018 looking at MS 75-S, found 2 with extensive dentil pitting like the coin in the op, but not with the other rev. die markers, and none with fields that look like this one. Will look some more once my eyes are uncrossed

8. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I think it’s genuine. But I think it may have been “played with.”

9. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I am sorry to dredge up this old thread. Did we ever get Jack's resolution on this one?

Draft saved Draft deleted