Trade Deal vs. Fakes

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by yakpoo, Jan 20, 2020.

1. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Does anyone think any of the Chinese trade deals will have a noticeable impact on the supply of Chinese faked numismatic coins?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Oh gosh no. Not unless called out by the President and the Chinese do it just to appease him, they fake everything in the world? Why would they put an effort into something as innocuous as fake coins when they fake narcotics and billion dollar items from firms across the globe?

I see this deal as just like the new Nafta, nothing gained really.

ripple and yakpoo like this.
  4. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

Crooks are a very mobile breed. Many countries to start a new enterprise. Our problem with counterfeits doesn’t end here

ripple, Randy Abercrombie and yakpoo like this.
  5. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Years ago I bought an 1843 SLD slabbed fake. I'm hoping it becomes a great rarity one day! :rolleyes:

ripple likes this.
  6. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Sorry, I thought you said 'flakes'.......carry on.

yakpoo likes this.
  7. The Eidolon

The Eidolon Well-Known Member

Probably not a big difference. Even if the official Chinese government policy were to change to disallow realistic fakes, it's probably too easy for counterfeiters to bribe a corrupt local official to turn a blind eye. Just like in software piracy, if there's money to be made, someone is going to be doing it, and China has the scale to be one of the biggest offenders.

Paul M. likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted