TPG services

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CHARLES GINETTO, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

I noted your profile indicated you were born in 1945 (male, 75)...so I thought you surely had been collecting longer than both of us. But, I am very sure you both know more about Morgans than I do. Maybe after I pull VAMs on another 50 dollars I will have better expertise...Spark

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Joe Rohrbaugh

Joe Rohrbaugh My prize AU-55 coin

My father got me interested in wheaties in 1952 when I was 13. One of the coins he gave me is a 1909 Indian Head Quarter Eagle, which PCGS recently graded as AU55, worth about $485. That and a 1927 cleaned one I found in a sealed envelope only about 2 years ago. cert_39508776_trueview_197423765_Max (Large).jpg

MIGuy likes this.
  4. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

If it's is slabbed great, if it is not, I am solely to blame for my decision. I throw caution to the wind and trust my decision is worthy. There are more honest people in the world than dishonest. I let my instinct be my guide, and my local Numismatist!

MIGuy likes this.
  5. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I spent all of my money that I earned, buying Marvel Comic Books. I was living in Germany and I worked at a Stars and Stripes Book Store. Every penny I earned (just about) I would buy Fantastic Four, Spiderman, the Hulk, and several others. I had a collection of over 100 comics in mint shape. When we returned to the States, I boxed them all up. That was in 1966. I had all of them put in the special packages to protect them. They were stored in a special type of warehouse that cost me $10 a month. I got drafted in 1968. Luckily, I was stationed in my home town of Fayetteville, NC, where I had stored them. I never told my wife about them. I knew that if I did, she would want to sell them. They stayed in Fayetteville until 1971. I was married with 1 child going to college on the G.I. Bill and going to college with a family was expensive. I was weak and I sold my comics for over $10,000. I wish my coin collection was as productive.

MIGuy, capthank and Collecting Nut like this.
  6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

My mother threw out my comic books when I left the house for my first year of college. I was 18 and threw a fit when I came home and they gone.

MIGuy likes this.
  7. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

agree

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

And somehow he only aged six years between 1945 and 1962. :)

9. MIGuy

MIGuy Supporter! Supporter

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.... IMG_3986e.JPG

10. CHARLES GINETTO

CHARLES GINETTO Active Member

11. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

i sold stationary and other printed items that i found in the back of some comic book, most were 1.50-4.00 items of which we could save for "prizes: junk overpriced, lol or take .50-2.00 per item (which i did) and bought coins at a lcs, and shows, and when i turned 12 i started selling at shows (me Da' would bring me, and eventually started selling his "stamps" since he was there anyways, lol so for me, been collecting since i was 10, and a dealer from 12 onward..

12. CHARLES GINETTO

CHARLES GINETTO Active Member

I as born in 1946 and turned 75 on Feb. 4th. Sorry for the confusion.

Spark1951 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted