ToolHaus can now read Negs thru Singapore Ebay for Private Auctions

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by SuperDave, Jun 18, 2006.

1. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Click me. Much praise to MorganFred for having the idea, and pursuing it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

okay, what does that mean? as far as impact anyway

4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

It means the end of private feedback. Check out a seller, any seller, who keeps his feedback private, through that link. :)

It also reports mutual withdrawls.

5. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

this is a phenomenal advancement! Thanks for all the work MorganFred! Although I suspect that it will just reveal what we already expect about those with private feedback, that they are trying to hide the truth from their buyers.

6. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

hmmm, well after trying it, I couldn't get it to work. Is there some trick i am missing?

7. satootoko

satootoko Retired

It doesn't.
    [​IMG]
    Where did that statement come from? There's no mention of private feedback in the toolhaus annuncement, which clearly says it is only for the Singapore EBay site:
    Besides - It's been blocked and simply doesn't work. Using it on a Singapore seller that I know of, who was NARUed with multiple negs, this is the report I got:

8. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Has anyone tested the Toolhaus out on a Singaporean vendor on eBay recently?

Aidan.

9. satootoko

satootoko Retired

At about 7pm (local time) last night, I checked the same person through the main EBay site and the Singapore site, and I got a list of his main site negs, but only the response I posted above from the new Singapore site.

10. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Just go to "http://www.ebay.com.sg"

Don't need "toolhous"

You need to have an active Ebay account to look at someone else's feedback.

This is true whether the feedback is private or regular.

11. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Willie - the whole point of using toolhaus is that it sorts out the negative and neutral feedback. When you are looking at power sellers, or even someone with a few hundred feedbacks, paging through his/her entire feedback history looking for the negs is a very daunting task.

Another advantage of toolhaus is that you don't have to be signed in to EBay, or even have an EBay ID, to use the tool.

Private feedback can't be looked at directly or through toolhaus.

12. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Does not work for me!

13. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

I don't bid on "private" sales as there is a reason the seller makes it "private".

:)

14. satootoko

satootoko Retired

And that reason is definitely not for the buyer's protection. ;)

15. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

A 'Private sale' is just a smokescreen for an unscrupulous vendor to either rip off a buyer,or do some other unethical business practices.That would raise a red flag with me.

Aidan.

16. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

17. airedale

airedale New Member

I just got this error message when I tried it.
    Error: eBay Singapore has blocked access to feedback. Toolhaus is unable to obtain information which is available only to registered eBay users. We're not happy about this.

18. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Troodon,I am sure that Aboncom is trying to become the next 'Savannah Scammer'-type fraudster.I see that wanker has peeved more than a few people off.

Aidan.

19. satootoko

satootoko Retired

Interesting - it hasn't changed since Post #6 in this thread four days ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted