Tooled Key Date Mercury Dime on Ebay

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by rbm86, Sep 19, 2004.

1. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

No offense taken. You didn't come across as rude. It's understandable to question why. I see no problem with that at all. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rbm86

rbm86 Coin Hoarder

No problem. I like hijacked threads - they tend to be the most entertaining and informative -- here we got 2 topics for the price of one! :D

4. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

Ebay did nothing about the Mercury auction and it sold for $570.99. I think this is interesting given that I emailed the manager of the CCW personally with a link to this auction and a link to a picture of an MS66 PCGS graded Mercury. Doesn't make the CCW/ANA movement look very promising, does it? :(

5. rbm86

rbm86 Coin Hoarder

Yeah, I'm pretty ticked about this. I'm tempted to e-mail the winning bidder, but am probably asking for trouble (interfering with an all-mighty "Powerscrewer's" auction). :mad: :mad: :mad:

Coinwatch has proven to be worthless in this instance. Some poor sap will lose $570 and the seller will be brazen enough to peddle more tooled junk. What's next, a 16-D? Pulling that auction was a "no-brainer", and did not need an "investigation".

6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

If you looked close - he already has a 16-D up for auction. It looked tooled to me as well :mad:

7. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

It also looks as though it's been cleaned with steel wool. He wants $1900 for it, so I don't think anyone's going to bid on that auction anyway.

8. rbm86

rbm86 Coin Hoarder

Yuck!! I'll bet the mintmark was added as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted