Tonight was great at work

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Zako, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

I don't know your store's procedures, but how do you end up with bad bills if they don't pass the counterfeit test? At our store we're expected to prevent the passing of bad money, and just not take it.

What I don't like is that at our stores the managers will just refuse to accept the bill, give it back to the customer, and just ask for other money or a different form of payment.
    I've always believed that we should call the police, or FBI or the Secret Service or SOMEBODY to do something about the attempted crime. Such a lackadaisical attitude about counterfeiting just encourages the criminal to keep doing it, if not here, at this store, then there, at another store.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Zako

Zako Well-Known Member

Well we rarely wind up with bad bills mostly when they quote on quote fail the counterfeit test it's usually cause its sn semi old bill and the kids that work there don't know that older bills don't have a security strip and a water mark

Hookman likes this.
  4. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I was so struck by that record at the ripe ol' age of 14 that I spent my paper route money at a tailor in Arlington VA who ordered the Wallace plaid fabric then made me a sport coat just like the one in Bo's backup band. I outgrew it quickly...literally and figuratively.

wxcoin likes this.
  5. Hookman

I know the feeling. I still buy and wear cool things like that. Have you ever heard of the Stacy Adams line of clothes? I just recently found, and bought, in a resale shop, a Stacy Adams white sport coat for only $13.00 !! I also picked up in the same shop a solid black tie and 2 white ties, 1 solid white, the other patterned white.

Imagine the various combinations with black or white pants, black or white shirt, black or white tie, black or white shoes and that jacket.

6. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Do I have to? ;)

7. Hookman

It's OK , I look in the mirror a lot. :D

8. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

I don't doubt the OP's integrity at all; if he was shady he wouldn't have even posted it here in the first place. I am more concerned with the appearance of impropriety; however he has answered that as well by making sure that his supervisor knows what's going on as well as his fellow shift employees. Last thing we want is someone reading something here and then think it is okay to just stick your hand in a tip jar to pull out some change or bills to swap out.

9. scott schultz

scott schultz New Member

Probably from some kid who raided his Dad's pre 63 coin jar not realizing they worth 12 xs face. Happened to me once at a bar, kept getting 90% silver quarters in change

10. scott schultz

scott schultz New Member

Don't worry, 99% of us know you're a good guy. I'm just surprised co-workers don't ask questions or get jealous.

Draft saved Draft deleted