Tonight was great at work

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Zako, Apr 25, 2019.

1. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

Thank you for saying so. This nonsense as noted above has been aimed at me more than once for finding nice coins in a Coinstar machine. Collectible coins from a tip jar is just a lagniappe of the job; there are always the spoilsports anywhere you go, though. Put him on ignore.

Hookman, Dug13, wxcoin and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

"Don't eat yellow snow" was one I always used to hear. (Not that it snows here anyway.)

4. lordmarcovan

In retrospect, it does seem strange, particularly since his HQ is only an hour to an hour and a half's drive from here, so you'd think he'd have had a car. Maybe he did, and someone else in his party was using it. Dunno. Seemed a short notice kinda thing, him needing that ride.

I don't think it was a surprise visit, since the store just did a "soft reopening" yesterday, I think they called it. Whatever that means. Some kind of rehearsal for a bigger reopening this weekend, I gather.

5. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You've got to be kidding! Do you know how many workers in fast-food joints and convenience stores don't even know that the US issues two-dollar bills?

Chris

7. cpm9ball

Note to self: Stay the hell out of Mingo Junction, Ohio. If they think nothing of cheating their co-workers, what do you think they'd do to customers?

Chris

8. cpm9ball

Yeah, I'd bet that if you saw a little 80 year-old lady drop a $20 bill on the sidewalk, you'd probably stand on it until she was out of sight.

Go ahead and put me on ignore. I'll still be able to point out people like you and Zako with no morals. You just won't know it.

Chris

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

"You don't step on Superman's cape, spit into the wind, pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger, and you don't mess around with Jim"

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Unfair and unwarranted reply!

Dug13 and Oldhoopster like this.
  11. lordmarcovan

Classic. That'll be in my head for the remainder of the evening. Jim Croce?

Edit: yep. Good stuff. :headphone::singing:

Trish, Pickin and Grinin and Kentucky like this.
  12. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Frank Zappa made that classic. But there’s plenty of yellow snow here all winter

Kentucky likes this.
  13. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

Ain’t no reason I would go there. I never heard of it

14. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Oh. Pinch yourself. Your living the good life

15. Cheech9712

Handsome and a total gentleman. We all adore your generosity. You got personality in spades

16. Cheech9712

Oh Rodney.

Kentucky likes this.
  17. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

No respect at all!

Cheech9712 and Hookman like this.
  18. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

You are hilarious!

I guess I should have let this sit in a record bin when I saw an original of this priced at 88¢ back in 1960. I sold it on eBay for $125, so I must really be missing the morals, eh?

19. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

You won't hear Diddley from me!

20. lordmarcovan

Also good stuff.

My cat's name is Bo. That's short for Bojangles, but I often call him "Bo Diddley", just because I like the sound of it.

He's making a move on my unattended burritos as I type this.

*sssssst!*

Get'way from dat, Bo Diddley!

You too, Clyde!

Hookman likes this.
  21. Who knows about these things. I once saw Julio Gallo’s daughter and her husband (they are worth millions) leave a wine festival in a plain dirty old cab to take them to the airport. Why they didn’t have a limo or at least a car service I have no idea. Maybe somebody forgot to schedule it.

Draft saved Draft deleted