Toned Coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by chking3, Feb 8, 2018.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

That's a misconception. Some of them can and do tone very quickly. Pure silver doesn't always take long to tone, especially if you live in certain areas. Did some people figure out where they had to put them to get it done absolutely, did some people figure out how to make a percentage of them probably, but there are also absolutely some of those that did it on their own.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Sorry, I just think that's bull.

4. baseball21

It’s not. Some of the sets even showed up from the mint toned already.

5. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Are you serious?? Damn baseball, i noticed a looong time ago that you would jump on here and defend PCGS every time someone bad mouthed them. You either work for them or yer a heavy kool-aid drinker. Thats fine and dandy, but here lately its gotten out of hand. First you defend and promote the strike designations they hand out, like full bell line Franklins. NOW THIS!?!?!?!?! 12030015_cmon-son-cris-carters-mad-that-espn_74b031e7_m.png

6. baseball21

Sorry staying facts gets in the way of your opinions. Not sure what any of what you just said has to do with anything but go on. If you’d rather be uniformed and just blindly rant and rave about things by all means go right ahead.

7. V. Kurt Bellman

You're carrying SOMEBODY'S water, that's for sure and it's BEEN OBVIOUS for quite a few years now.

heavycam.monstervam likes this.
  8. V. Kurt Bellman

SetS? What sets? Sets of what? I'm talking ASE's here. Ain't no "sets".

9. baseball21

Yea no. I just state actual observable information instead of jumping on the bias rant trains from the efforts being engaged in by some.

There’s been several ASEs sets over the years as well as them being offered in other sets every year.

10. V. Kurt Bellman

I'm talking common ordinary unmintmarked ASE's that come in squarish tubes and "monster boxes". Nothing else.

By the way, @baseball21, I don't know what it's called where you live, what you do vis a vis PCGS, but where I live, we call it being a "shill".

It's not a complimentary word; it's a hard word, a mean word, a pejorative word. Yet somehow, you seem to feel a need to EARN that word regarding PCGS.

heavycam.monstervam likes this.
  11. V. Kurt Bellman

By the way, who ELSE slams PCGS for the crap toned altered ASE's they have routinely put in their plastic? A little fella known as Q. David Bowers. Don't believe ME, take it up with HIM.

12. V. Kurt Bellman

Uniformed? Oh well. Is my ANA National Volunteer blue golf shirt enough of a uniform, or does it need pants and a hat, too?

13. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

:D

Old_train_xbiex.jpg

14. baseball21

Yes common ASEs can and do tone rather quickly. Not acknowledging that fact is just personal bias. I've already said some were created everyone knows that.

I call things how I see them and most of the time by what the market is showing. It's just that on this board PCGS is generally the subject of the most absurd statements by people that do/should know better. I don't consider you one of those people as you are generally reasonable even with your dislike.

15. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I have my issues with some of the ASE. Too though I know certain environments cause silver to tarnish far more quickly than others. And that’s what toning is. Tarnish. A layer of silver sulfide. Don’t get me wrong I’m one of the biggest fans of toned coins here. And as to pcgs I have my issues with them and toned coins. I think a lot of it is who you are and who you know. It can be so frustrating when they start their policy of bagging everything with good completely natural color as questionable. And other times they pass blatantly artificial toned stuff. I don’t understand why certain stuff ever gets in straight and why other stuff gets bagged. All I can think is who’s sending it and they know someone

Draft saved Draft deleted