Toned 1964 10C

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by eddiespin, May 1, 2015.

1. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Kind of nice contrast in the colors on this old timer, so I thought I'd show him. He did his job in the economy, so you're not going to be full of any news pointing that out to me. He's right there in AU, and his bands are still hanging on in full for it. OK, you want to argue with me on that, make a big fuss about it, I'll cop out on the pictures aren't the best for you to be mistrusting me on that call, and we'll just go around and around in circles, and then start flaming one another, and then a moderator will step in and reprimand us for it, and then one of us will lose our cool, and tell him to shove it, and then be banned for life. And if you think I want that to happen a nice guy like you, you're crazy! ;)

Actually, I just want to know, how do you like these colors? I like the greens against the red on the reverse, particularly. Thanks! :)

04422-64D10.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Geeze Eddie........toner? Thought you hated those........ devil.gif

4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Oh yeah, I forgot! :)

5. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

I like the full bands.

swamp yankee likes this.
  6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Nice coin Eddie check those lips may be a ddo. I putting together a set of 46-64 toners.

swamp yankee likes this.
  7. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I'll have to find it, first, Paddy. I have it tucked away, somewhere. Probably in the trunk. This is an old picture. I like these circulated toners, though. I don't know what it is, exactly, but a piece of it is, at least these did what they were made for. They were out there, and fought it out. They didn't just lie around in some cabinet and get bedsores, oh, I'm sorry, I mean, "cabinet friction." Then, after all that, look at how some of them come to us.

Hey, good luck on your set. Is there any special grade you're looking to do it in?

swamp yankee likes this.
  8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Just nice Unc. coins . not worried about grading just a nice set of color. Plus I have a old 1936 Elongated cent with FDR on it that has toned nicely over the years. I hope to get a Capital holder made to house the set with the smashed cent as a center piece.

swamp yankee likes this.
  9. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

I thought you hated toned coins...

Edited: It looks like someone beat me to it.

10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Do you see how misunderstandings happen? I question the judging of the grade-worthiness of toned coins on basis of arbitrary standards. If the toned coins are conditionally-intact, they should be entitled to a grade. In a nut, there's a lot of money in these arbitrary standards, and collectors, dealers, graders, and so-called "experts," who, in one way or other, are invested in the maintenance of same. Ergo, it follows, I'm a hater. Get how it works? :)

green18 likes this.
  11. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

How's the luster on this dime? I am having a hard time time deciding if I like the toning. No I'm not. Yes I am.

12. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

It's good, gbroke. The toning didn't hurt it. There's bounce to it. Not a heck of a lot, but in spots, it's lively. The pictures are overexposed. This is all the colors under good light, though. It's the only way I could capture them, all, really.

Old picture, dirty coin, but it's talking to me. You know how it is. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted