Toned 1883 V Nickel No Cents 360 Die Crack

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by OcalaFlorida, Aug 27, 2014.

1. OcalaFlorida

OcalaFlorida Active Member

I was going through some coins I have and I thought this would be a nice one to share.

It is a nicely toned 1883 V Nickel No Cents with a nice rev die crack that goes around the entire coin. I think it is a extreme example but I am not sure as I don't collect V Nickels.

The front has 4 die cracks also... If you got any cool one I would love to see them also...

20140507_IMG_0151_opt.jpg 20140507_IMG_0153_opt.jpg
    20140507_Image508_opt.jpg 20140507_Image511_opt.jpg 20140507_Image512_opt.jpg 20140507_Image513_opt.jpg 20140507_Image514_opt.jpg 20140507_Image515_opt.jpg 20140507_Image516_opt.jpg 20140507_Image517_opt.jpg

Travlntiques likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jim M

Jim M Ride it like ya stole it

Now thats cool..

4. Briboy07

Briboy07 Well-Known Member

Very cool. That's a nice talking piece, thanks!

5. odinsruleg8

odinsruleg8 Active Member

I believe I may have same type not as strong as yours but same year and type ..maybe a "before" crack then yours fully cracked?

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Perhaps... but posting photos would help determine this.

As an aside, do note that this thread is a few years old now. Nothing wrong with bumping it though (imo). Welcome to the forum, sir.

odinsruleg8 likes this.
  7. odinsruleg8

Definitely will post pictures.. Thanks,and I've seen similar on auction post..but not alot of info on researching this..

8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Nice Coin, I be willing to bet the flag on the 1 you can see double or triple, bet it's a repunched date also

9. odinsruleg8

I assume you used a microscope for the pictures? Been trying with my magnifier and can't get a decent photo..

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Thats sick! Looks like a retained cud or two too oca... have you checked CoC yet or contacted bj?

11. odinsruleg8

Same year and type..part of a progressive die crack? Starts from end of United to AME in America..

Attached Files:

12. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

I think these die cracks are common with liberty nickels, or at least that date

13. odinsruleg8

14. odinsruleg8

I have another same date but with cents..obverse. Lower right, V shaped, around the 4th and 5th star ccw up to 3rd star

Attached Files:

15. odinsruleg8

Any added value or too common? Haven't seen any other resource besides here .

16. odinsruleg8

Also have numerous rotated die RV, Jefferson nickels most from early 60s , proof gems and UNC. Can't find much info in them..any input would be great..

Draft saved Draft deleted