Today's pocket pieces

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mr. Flute, Jan 13, 2015.

1. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

What an XF\AU Type 1 SLQ looks like after 50 years as a pocket piece...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Why? Because this is the coin that got me hooked on the hobby when I found it in a park back in 1963.

silentnviolent, dwhiz and Mr. Flute like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

Very cool, ok. Standing Liberty is my favorite series. That's a great little story of yours.

4. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

I will bring an Ike dollar, Two Dollar bill, or Kennedy Half Dollar with me sometimes. Whenever I take change out of my pocket I will also grab those, I usually get people pretty interested when they see those "rare" coins and bills.

I will also bring a nice coins to the banks to show the tellers whenever I'm getting/turning coins that I search coin roll hunting, the tellers are usually pretty interested in them.

Also, I think the coolest thing you were carrying was the 3 cent piece, most people have never even heard of one or knew it existed so that is pretty neat.

Funny enough, I love the look of very worn silver Washington quarters, they look pretty nice, nicer than the uncirculated coins IMO.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  5. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

I agree that the nickel 3 cent is a cool one to carry around. I bought it cheap due to the holes, but I liked that it was still VF-XF details, so a fun one to have around and show off.

Draft saved Draft deleted