Today's find

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by 75TA, Nov 25, 2015.

1. 75TA

75TA Member

A quick story...
    Went to Stop n' Stop with my wife to pick up some last minute things for Thanksgiving. She paid :joyful: and I started walkin out to load the car. Some old biker dude is at the CoinStar machine with Kennedy halves strewn on the ledge while breaking open his rolled pennies. I hesitated... my wife caught up.. she gave me the look.. "edited language rules". Yup, I bought $15 worth of halves, for $15. Four were 40%, the rest are either 71, 72 in nice shape. I gave him a 20 and he gave me 5 singles. I didn't think anything of it until i got home and noticed they were all dated 1963.
    I'm happy... just one regret. I should have thrown him the whole 20:joyful:
    Happy ThanksGiving!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

Without pics I ain't buying it! What made you think he was a "Biker dude" ? All the bikers I know have more money than I do as they have 25,000-45,000$ Harleys - or are you talking about these bikers..........And if you saw "Kennedy halves strewn on the ledge" then how did they become " until i got home and noticed they were all dated 1963."??? Just wondering!

[​IMG]

4. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

I think he was talking about the $1 notes he got as change for the $20 being dated 1963, not the halves :)

Markus1959 likes this.
  5. Markus1959

OK - I had to read that a few more times for my brain to clunk into gear - my wife even said, "What was that cluncking sound I just heard! :D

coinman1234 likes this.
  6. 75TA

75TA Member

nothing demeaning meant by "old biker dude"... chill

NOS and coinman1234 like this.
  7. Markus1959

I like a guy that explains his stories but then I hate when he tells me how to run my life!!:rolleyes:

8. 75TA

75TA Member

just was tellin a story about finding coins... sorry

9. Markus1959

Good story - just was (for me) hard to understand. Thanks for sharing!!

10. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Great story .

I came home yesterday and my wife had my 10x and " She " was going through coins .
    She said don't even think about it .....
    I said think of what ?
    Your not taking them and theses are all mine .....

coinman1234 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted