Today’s finds

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by 707, Nov 30, 2021.

1. 707

707 Active Member

269DC925-2982-44D6-A414-869D3A0B93EB.jpeg E52EEC07-7BB1-4C03-B682-8D39C7A93E18.jpeg B37D9441-32B0-4465-8C4D-C28E8EE28F9B.jpeg Got to go through about 600 singles today from the bank. I love star notes and collect them religiously regardless of condition just because its interesting. Scored pretty good.

but I also found a pretty neat older single and please forgive me but I want to call it a misaligned print???? From what I have learned it’s not considered an error unless it is actually missing a portion of the print parts, correct?? But I though it was pretty darn cool and will add it to my collection.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

looks to me like someone held onto that 69 for a while.

707 likes this.
  4. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Very nice. I love finding older notes like that in circulation.

707 likes this.
  5. 707

707 Active Member

Yeah maybe hats what I assume. It’s decent but definitely has seen some wear and tear over the years but surprisingly crisp minus the creases and everything else.

very happy with the find

6. 707

707 Active Member

I love it too. Normally when I find older notes I generally will give it to someone as a gift when I know it’s there birth year but I had not one person in immediate contact that was born in 69. Plus it’s a pretty cool note in my book so I decided it was mine

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have so many star notes I do not want to count them. They are fun to collect and regardless of the condition I keep every one of them.

707 likes this.
  8. 707

707 Active Member

Hunting for them in circulation is super fun for me. I get to search tons of bills a month and come across usually 10-15 stars a week on average and sometimes more and that’s not including older bills and other variants.

I keep the unique and or low run bills separately from average run stars. I keep them for a rainy day just in case there’s something too cool that I can’t pass up and maybe my wife doesn’t approve of hahaha

Collecting Nut likes this.
  9. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Finding the older note is cool enough, but the fact that it's misaligned or cut slightly "off" (I don't know the terminology either, not being a paper money guy)- that's a bonus. Probably not worth much of a premium, if any, but a cool find nonetheless.

707 likes this.
  10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Can we see the other 589 notes? :wacky:

707 likes this.
  11. 707

707 Active Member

that’s the best part about finding these things in circulation…I pay face value for them. I my self have never really paid a premium for anything to collect which I think is a pretty neat aspect to my collection hahah.
    I just need to find a cool way to organize everything

lordmarcovan likes this.
  12. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

@707, your username is sometimes a lucky number I use. Doesn't have anything to do with the old jetliner. I just used to live at 707 Dartmouth Street, and like the number, is all.

There's some totally useless trivia babble for you. LOL

707 likes this.
  13. 707

707 Active Member

Oh you better believe I spend the next several days looking through them hahahah.

I look forward to every Tuesday’s change order.

The. Day I pick up the change order I go through and pick the stars. Which are the easiest to sort through besides old notes or something with some serious errors.

Then I spend a couple days just running through them hear and there until I exhaust myself hahahahahah.

14. 707

707 Active Member

It’s usually a pretty lucky number for me as well.
    It’s been a nickname(avatar) I have used since the beginning of the 2000’s. It’s my area code where I live. I just can’t seem to move away from the number hahaha

15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That’s basically what I did for years.

707 likes this.
  16. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

This note is a cutting error, ie the note was cut so that the design is not well-centered on the paper (ignoring the discussion of how far off makes it qualify as "error" in a collector's mind).

Alignment can be checked by holding it up to the light to see if the printing of all the components is registered. Keeping in mind the face is a larger image than the back, I suspect one would see that the face and back of this note are positioned in the right place relative to each other, as are the seals, serial numbers, etc.

Mountain Man likes this.
  17. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

What Dave said . . . Cutting error notes become valuable when part of the next note is also showing. Like this one:
    $20 off center back not mine.jpg

707 likes this.
  18. YankeeDime

YankeeDime non-conformant

Hmm, I see 0 20 2...

Does that mean it's worth $02.02?

19. 707

707 Active Member

Found a nicely preserved non Webb 1988 bill yesterday evening. I found it in a register.

BAA3EE74-D637-4EB0-B8C6-B8B517BB5361.jpeg 66D09271-4744-4128-9C07-CB2800F97A47.jpeg

SteveInTampa likes this.
  20. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

I think not a printing but a cutting one.

Draft saved Draft deleted