To grade or not to grade

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by bruthajoe, Nov 24, 2019.

1. bruthajoe

bruthajoe Still Recovering

For opinions on whether or not you should send your coin to a numismatic grading company.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bruthajoe

Anyone think this saq would get an MS grade?

Attached Files:

4. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I would send it in if a coin had a $200+ value on it. What is the reason you would want to send this coin in ? In my opinion I would not send this coin in. It is not worth the grading fees.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Unless you can get a grade of MS68, I wouldn't spend the money for grading. I routinely sold MS68's to the owners of Registry Sets for $150 or so.

Chris

bruthajoe likes this.
  6. bruthajoe

That... is the question. LOL

7. bruthajoe

I would only do it If I thought I could get a very highgrade, just for the grade.

8. cpm9ball

The best submission results I ever had was getting 14 out of 52 to grade MS68. Two graded MS66 (brain fart?) and the rest graded MS67. I usually give the 66/67's to YN's as gifts.

Chris

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  9. bruthajoe

14/52 isnt bad really

10. bruthajoe

very hard to find 68,s, think I'll start buying from mint. not proofs just uncirc.

11. cpm9ball

Yeah, I was satisfied. It covered the costs for the $250 Mint bag, the submission fees including shipping & insurance with a profit of a little over $1000 plus the rest of the bag ($198).

Chris

spirityoda and bruthajoe like this.
  12. bruthajoe

your an animal

13. cpm9ball

Stick with bags. They cost less! Use your eyes to eliminate the bad coins, your loupe to whittle down the possibilities further, and your microscope to really fine-tune your selections.

Chris

bruthajoe likes this.
  14. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have them but I'm not a big fan of them so I'd say keep that dollar raw and save your money. I don't think it will grade a 68.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    bruthajoe and spirityoda like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted